motorized bike - security methods

GoldenMotor.com

Earthman

Mar 24, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I bought the first one on the list...

https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27127

You have to put a battery in it before attaching it to the frame of the bike. Once attached, you can't remove the battery. This is a little inconvenient for maintaining the battery, but it makes it more difficult to defeat. The alarm is small enough to be relatively inconspicuous so it might be overlooked. It also has three sensitivity settings. The most sensitive goes off if the bike is in a street rack with other bikes and someone is fiddling with their bike. In any case, for the price of the alarm, it''s better to have than not.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
A few years ago i saw 6 guys steal a harley duce,at a rally.They took 2 fence post,one in the frount wheel and one in the back.They told the cop that it had locked up and would not roll.They loaded it in the back of a pickup.They were picked up a few hours when the owner called it in as stolen.Harleys Dad

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
two bad criminals "thief's" actually have more rights then the victims in "civilized" societies. If you ask me we should go back to a point when people had the right to protect their life,liberty, and means of living via truly effective anti theft devices such as high voltage, sharp hooks, and or other effective means without fear of molestation from a backwards justice system.

I do also agree the one of the more effective means to keep people from taking the darn bike is to make it as unattractive and dangerous looking as possible such as copious amounts of duct tape, stovepipe wire, grease and simulated leaking fuel.

If your bike looked as ugly as mine you would understand,

If women dont find you hansom then they should at least find you handy. -Red from the red green show.

Attachments

hombremosqa

Apr 6, 2009
salt lake city
i dont know about you guys, but thankfully i work at fedex and we have a section of the parking lot that is designated for motorcycles. its not fenced in, but its real close to the building. doesnt mean i dont lock it up with a heavy duty chain and master lock. thankfully its long enough to wrap around the stair post,wheel and frame nice and tight.

best advice i could give you is to secure the fuel line with radiator clamps, carry a spare fuel line in a bag or back pack, some oil so you can fill up at the gas station, and make sure you either locktite the nuts or double nut them to make it harder to steal the engine.

hope this helps!

in the end, its always a matter of how much a thief is willing to work for his/her prize.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I cant remember were I saw it(ebay I think)but someone sells a battery operated alarm system(runs off a 9v battery) that will go off if it is bumped(shock sensor)....It looked kinda cheesy but affective....Might scare them off....I will look and see if I can find the site....

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I bought the first one on the list...

https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27127

You have to put a battery in it before attaching it to the frame of the bike. Once attached, you can't remove the battery. This is a little inconvenient for maintaining the battery, but it makes it more difficult to defeat. The alarm is small enough to be relatively inconspicuous so it might be overlooked. It also has three sensitivity settings. The most sensitive goes off if the bike is in a street rack with other bikes and someone is fiddling with their bike. In any case, for the price of the alarm, it''s better to have than not.
Thanks for the site info....I have to agree with you,Im going to buy the same one....