Bill's 2000 Whizzer upgrade and restyling project

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
One AWESOME bike. Getting to be lots of bikes at the donut shop,will have to get out there for a visit......................Curt

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Bill's motor is pretty much stock, just cleaned up,ports, reworked head ,coating. Glad to see Bill having fun with it.

Ray

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Bill's been riding his Whizzer to Donut Derelicts for over a year now with no mechanical problems except belt adjustments. I sold him an ooga horn he's pretty proud of.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Well, yesterday Bill bought himself a great birthday present. He purchased 2 Whizzers off craigslist from a guy in Chino who has several others. You may have seen them listed. I haven't seen them in person yet, but I'll get some photos when I can.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Met up with Bill and Bill Jr. at Donut Derelicts this morning to check out their new Whizzers. A couple of nice rides with lots of patina and both non Schwinns. Firestone and Columbia I think they said. Shoulda took photos of the badges. We'll be seeing a lot more of these as they make a few repairs and upgrades.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Both are nice. The one on the truck has the early motor mounts(Firestone bike?),and the one on the ground has the later rubber mounts (Columbia bike? ) I got serial numbers for the Columbia if needed.

Ray

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Thanks Ray. The one on the truck was purchased not running and they bought a coil from Ron and it has spark now. A few more things needed before a start up.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Oh no! Bill was starting his Whizzer to ride it to Donut Derelicts and his foot slipped off the pedal and broke a bone. I guess he'll have to show up in one of his many Studebakers for a while. Could be worse.