looking for comments.
I have 5' sold forks and a suspension rear
any help with sizing photos would be great
I am much better with a welder then a computer

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Many of us are not fans of spring loaded chain tensioners. They allow too much slack when you need it the least. On a swing arm rear suspension you're going to need a lot of tension adjustment, constantly.

A jack shaft, or shift kit might be an alternative but you'll still need to keep the chain tight as the suspension swings in its arc around the pivot point. Is that a multi speed rear hub?

Just a word of caution if you've never ridden a bike or motorcycle with that much fork, it can be a challenge until you get used to it. Once you get it running take it real easy at first until you master the odd steering you're going to see. Going down the road straight ahead is fine. It's curves and turning that can get hairy, especially the sharper ones.

Tom

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I like the idea, I feel the frame needs some strengthening especially around the steering head.
I'm about to do something similar, hope to post up a start to it today.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It's not just the length of the forks, it's the rake angle that impacts steering geometry.
Maybe do a little research on motorcycle caster and camber and how it effects steering and handling.
Just don't want to see you get hurt, sir.
Tom