New dog in town

GoldenMotor.com

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
How did you mount the tanks back to back like that?
I took and mounted the tank like it would be on its side.(see pic) I then drill and tapped it like it is in the picture. Then I took the other side tank and mounted it through the tank mount I just installed and attached the other set of tank mounts and drill and tapped them. That way it kept the the tank square to each other.
Then I shorten the studs on the bottom of the tanks so that they only go through the side brackets that they mount to. I did space the brackets off the frame my putting a flat and a lock washer under each bracket because everything was to tight to install the tanks. It took me almost and hour or more to install the tanks because they were in very tight quarters still. The cross over tubes just touched each other and I had to install the tube as I was bolting up the tank.
I think the scale of it came out good to the bike but its just very tight to deal with. I had to flip it upside down stand on my head chewing gum on my wrench...well you get the idea. Im waiting on a speedo now and then Im going to see how it looks to it and I might try to add it to the center and the key switch. Ive always wanted to add a switch to my bike.
if you need more info or pictures if you want to try it...just let me know and get ya what I can.
Terry

Attachments

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
That came out really great, you've got some mad skillz. I would like to see some more detailed shots and instruction. This could be somthing that I might try, I've never cared for the look of the peanut tank. Thanks for sharing...Kelly

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
That came out really great, you've got some mad skillz. I would like to see some more detailed shots and instruction. This could be somthing that I might try, I've never cared for the look of the peanut tank. Thanks for sharing...Kelly
Trust me if I can do it anyone can. I'll try to work something up soon and post it. I wrote up instructions on building it and everything so I'll have to get them to some sort of format for here.
Terry

hellbilly

Jun 4, 2008
Davenport, Iowa
Great idea! I will be motorizing a couple of Kustom Kruiser Roadsters this winter and just happen to have 2 extra tanks already. I think this idea would work great on those because the bikes are so looong. The wider tanks would be more asthetically pleasing to the eyeball ya see!! Looking forward to the details. Thanks.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
SWEET PIECE!!! Whose engine kit did you use? zoombicycles.com has 1/2 gallon"peanut" style gas tanks for $23, Fatbob tanks, (boys and their toys) Walter F.