Newbee

GoldenMotor.com

rslavicek

Apr 24, 2009
San Diego
I'm looking to build a motorizied bike. I'm a retired computer tech that lives in San Diego. I rode motorcycles for about 25 years and then switched to bicycles. My legs are getting older and the hills seem longer so I'm looking for some mechanical help. My first shot was a electric bicycle that I picked up for my wife from a classified add. It leaves a lot to be desired. I've ridden it a couple of times and it feels like I'm peddling in mud with the motor off. I would like to try building a gas version. I have a decent mountain bike that I could convert or I could buy a new one. Deos anyone know any sources in the San Diego area?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the forum....I can't help you with the San Diego source. I will suggest that you get a rack mount friction drive if you don't like pedalling mud with the engine off. Most of the rack mount and in frame kits with the chain to the rear wheel offer some resistance when the engine is disengaged.

rslavicek

Apr 24, 2009
San Diego
Thanks all. I may end up buying it on line but I'm a little worried, one of the stores had a disclaimer that they couldn't sell to California residents. Since they were located in California do they know something that the others don't? I also looked at the friction drives, but I wasn't impressed with the quality.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
many sellers on e-bay will sell to anyone even in cali,you just have to find one and no nobody knows anything that we dont already.

the locals just dont sell to calis because of the 2-stroke emissions,but we dont care about that.