Hello from Indiana

GoldenMotor.com

oldflint

Dec 4, 2008
Syracuse, IN
Hello Pappy,
I am "oldflint". I am from Syracuse, IN in the northern part of the state. I am also an newbie. I put my bike together in Dec. an went to Florida for a while to avoid the cold. I just had time last week to get the bike out to see if it would run. After a few attempts and some starter fluid I got it fired up and rode about 50 yards and had to adjust the chain tighter. I now have fuel leaks at the tank fitting, the hose to the tank fitting, looks like the shut off valve leaks and doesn't shut off the fuel flow and I have a leak at the carb fitting. It looks like the threads in the tank fitting are cast in rather that being tapped. The fit is extremely sloppy. Have you had any similar problems?

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
nope no problems here.i use gasket plus teflon tape and or gasketmaker.
check fuel shutoff petcock,replace if needed or seal it up if it works but leaks.
if threads are stripped jb-weld a new petcock to tank or replace tank too.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That's to stop spammers Pappy. After you post so many times (I dunno how many) the system will let ya.

Looking forward to your pics.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow Pappy, great work! Was wondering about doing away with the seat post tube to add room. You should do a whole thread on that MB. Really looks great and that's an awesome drive train.

To start a thread, go to the section (DIY in this case) and just above the threads listed and to the left is a small brown sprocket that says; "new thread" just click on it and a box will open. Lots of folks would enjoy seeing your build. Know I did.