97cc of Flathead Fury! I'm now riding a rolling space heater!

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Sounds like your Doodlebug has the potential for being salvaged. Mine however is frozen tight. Close to the same scenerio of losing power and then crapping out only there is no getting the crank to turn. Good luck and please post your findings!
I thought my engine seized up as well after the engine quit. When I checked my oil it was way low. I'm guessing that could cause the piston head to weld itself to the cylinder wall and cause it to seize up. I have full travel of my piston and good compression.

What did you find inside your crankcase?

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Haven't looked. It's about 17 degrees in my garage and I went through about $200-$300 in propane last year so it's going to sit for a while.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Haven't looked. It's about 17 degrees in my garage and I went through about $200-$300 in propane last year so it's going to sit for a while.
Fair enough. It will be 75 degrees and sunny here tomorrow and I'm gonna Ride Like The Wind or ride until my engine seizes up or explodes on me......whichever comes first.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Fair enough. It will be 75 degrees and sunny here tomorrow and I'm gonna Ride Like The Wind or ride until my engine seizes up or explodes on me......whichever comes first.
You're killing me here! Too busy at work anyway but maybe after the new year I can get back to it.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
LOL That evens out all the emission restrictions placed on us for what kind of small engines we can buy here for motorized bicycles, I guess. brnot

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Memries,
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? could we?
Memries, may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
The way we were...

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
Holy crap dude!!! You just set a new bar for me. Nice... nice artistic influence on that bike. I like your style man.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Holy crap dude!!! You just set a new bar for me. Nice... nice artistic influence on that bike. I like your style man.
Thanks man. I did the best I could do while using a stock bicycle frame. My next bike is gonna be with a frame I design myself with motorcycle tires, rims and forks.