97cc of Flathead Fury! I'm now riding a rolling space heater!

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Well thanks again but I have not so much mastered the Felts as just come to a reasonable arrangement with this one. I ditched the Felt fenders and went with Nirve but modified them a bit and then made my own brackets. The idea of tasting pavement because I like the look didn't sit well with me either. I have a little more I'd like to do on the rear but the front is solid enough that a decent sized kid could stand on it. The complex / cluttered looking brackets look at home on my bike though or at least I think so. Believe it or not one my goals when I rebuilt the bike was to simplify and de-clutter. Oh well, I guess it's a fair representation of what's in my head. Clutter.

I really like the look of the electric rear hub. Certainly something for me to consider.
The hub is zero maintenance and torque from zero MPH. The battery pack for it cost me and arm and a leg though. It was the same price I paid for my Felt brand new. $750. Makes me shudder every time I bring it up. LOL

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Mike nice build..Glad you like the lil heater!But don"t sell it short the lifan is 98CC of torque.Mine is on a shift kit so you can only amagine the pull in all 5 gears.I have a gx 160 carb and was wondering what carb you are running...?thanx and again nice build

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Mike nice build..Glad you like the lil heater!But don"t sell it short the lifan is 98CC of torque.Mine is on a shift kit so you can only amagine the pull in all 5 gears.I have a gx 160 carb and was wondering what carb you are running...?thanx and again nice build
Thanks. I'm using the GX 160 on a 48 tooth sprocket attached to a 16 lb 2250 Watt electric hub. That hub gets me rolling to 20mph then the 98cc of Fury kicks in. LOL

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
That is seriously badass.
Of all the bikes on here, I'd ride that daily. Maybe it's the off road tires, OD green paint and Army star. I dunno, it's awesome and I want one. lol Kudos!

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
That is seriously badass.
Of all the bikes on here, I'd ride that daily. Maybe it's the off road tires, OD green paint and Army star. I dunno, it's awesome and I want one. lol Kudos!
I do ride it daily.....to absolutely nowhere in particular. For no other reason than to see what falls off, flies off, snaps in half or strips out on it on L.A.'s 3rd World Streets. If it can make it here.......then it can make it anywhere.

I learned a whole lot from this thing. It's held up pretty well for the most part. It also get's more attention then a Bugatti Veyron. LMAO

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Sweet ride man, hows the torque on the motor ?
And what kind of gas tank is that ?
Been looking for something similar for my bike
The torque is like a Hayabusa .....without the top end. The pedals are only foot rests for my feet. The tank is a 1977 moped tank off of eBay.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
At 40 MPH the bike simply hits an invisible wall which I can only cross going downhill or off a cliff. It doesn't matter if it has a 49cc or 97cc engine, or what tooth sprocket I use or carburetor (GX 160 currently) used.

The RPM simply drops if I gear it high and everything becomes much more civilized and quiet with the 97cc and GX 160 carb. It's like the rear hub and battery is a 25 lb parachute pulling on the gas motor. I done did all I can do and I'm done. I give up. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
No need to commute or is your commute too far?
Luckily I have a car for a very short commute. I'm way too paranoid to leave this bike unattended for more than a few minutes. It just gets too much attention than I could ever want when it's parked and I'm not actually riding it.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Luckily I have a car for a very short commute. I'm way too paranoid to leave this bike unattended for more than a few minutes. It just gets too much attention than I could ever want when it's parked and I'm not actually riding it.
Boss frown if you parked it in your office? :D