First Four Stroker

GoldenMotor.com

dovedescending

Jul 7, 2013
Georgia
Pluto, do you have any more pictures of the modded stock tank? I'm also loving the brass cylinder fins. I'd love to read a bit more on how you did that. Great looking bike; you're basically fixing all of the things about most HS cruiser builds that seem slightly off. I hope you won't mind too much if I blatantly rip you off come spring :D

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago
Dove, I have ripped everybody off! I do not know **** about this. Everything I do is stolen from someone. What fun though.

I hope you have as much fun as possible, and make an awesome bike...

Yep, I will take a pic of the stocker, waiting on clear to dry. Kinda allegatorey now but have been going up to 2000 grit between coats.

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago
This is the stock tank. I filled it with bondo. The body work turned out good but the paint not so good. I got it nice and smooth but have several spots in the paint from too much junk flying around my garage. Should not have let it dry under the grinder. LOL...

I used Plasti Kote high temp and gas resistant engine enamel for the color and the clear. Rattle cans. I will see how this stuff holds up to fuel spills.

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Nice job on the bike and real nice to see how much fun you're having.

I no longer have an engine like yours, but did and it is a good one. I was wondering this morning if there is an alternate carb for that engine as the one it has gives pretty slow throttle response. I wonder if a China girl stock carb and intake manifold would fit. I bet it would wake that motor right up!
SB

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago
Thanks guys, I am having fun.

About the fins, I just drilled two extra holes in the top fin and the tapped in threads. Used stainless steel threaded rod and built the fins on them. I probably should have used a jig for uniformity but did not. I am not much for measuring either. So I just cut some brass pieces from the hardware store one at a time. The top piece is considerably thicker than the lower one. They are not too uniform bit I think id adds to the look.LOL...

I think I have the tank the way I want it now. I like the look behind the seat as opposed to the stock tank.

I welded the back drop outs to each other and to the frame. I only did it on the inside for appearances. I also spot welded the all the grade 8 nuts and bolt together so no wobble out problems.

I had made the four inch tank first and found it too large for the "chopper" so I put it on my "Speedster" looks better, ya?

The trick to using PVC for tanks is they must be lined with a quality gas tak sealer. I have had these filled for over a week and no problems. That stuff seems rally tough.

Cheers!