Huffy 10 speed

GoldenMotor.com

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
I was planning on motorizing but my situation changed. I would like $40 (will consider trades). I'm located in San Marcos, Tx. I have the capabilities to deliver but that will be extra.

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
LOL, yeah, just a little far.

I wish I didn't have my Nishiki, this huffy is really easy rolling and has some excellent shifters. If it doesn't sell I'll put these big rims on my Nishiki with some monster tires and put the narrow rims with narrow tires on this one.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I always thought a straight bar hard tail mountain bike frame with a monark style stringer front end, no rise pull back bars like the Nitto B617 Promenade with bar end levers, and some 24" Thick Bricks would make a great looking motorized bicycle.

I have a 1993 KHS that I plan on doing something similar with, but electric and starting with a regular mountain bike fork...

Good luck with the sale! I figure it would be pretty easy to move that bike on CL when the new semester starts at Texas State, probably. Also, try both the San Marcos and Austin CLs, the Austin one gets a lot more traffic.

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
Tinman, I'll think about shipping the frame but I'd prefer not to just because of the hassle of disassembling the entire bike. Are you only wanting the single metal piece of the frame and maybe forks/handle bars? That would probably be easy. All the other bulky stuff would make it difficult to ship.

Maurtis, I won't be in San Marcos next semester. I graduate this December, reason why I decided against motorizing it. I've had it on CL for a while and no hits so far since everyone that was going to buy a bike has done so already. Since you are near by, I could knock the price down and you sell it for whatever you want.

Personally, I'd really like to trade for an 10 speed road bike. That is the one missing from my collection.