Vintagizing a motor with hot rod wires :)

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I'd hate to have all you guys in the same room when I ask for Dan (LOL!) Good thing my name is Dave

Last edited:

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Dan, I have a Huasheng 4-stroke. I would imagine it would take some modification no matter what I find, but that is part of the fun of it. Yes? I will look forward to the pics.
Thanks, Dan

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Dan! That might be a little more difficult than the 97cc. On that one the fan blades are a plastic disc that just falls off when you unbolt the flywheel. On the HS you would have to have them machined off, then the flywheel re-ballenced. The wires are the same though. 7mm ( I may do the same to my HS depending on how this works out ) and the velocity stack may be the same. I'll measure when Dan sends it back and try a fitment on the HS with the stack to see. Dan. ( Thats Dan... Just to be clear )

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hey! Velo Any progress on the BTR that's worth posting? you got me stoked on this one, I've never seen a Lifan like yours, can you shed a little info on it? also talked to Dan(the Man) and he said your stuff is look'n way cool!,especially the velocity stack

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I will be re-starting a re-build thread once I have something to post, but Im just assembeling parts and bits now. Its gonna be a while. Thanks for the update on the parts from Taylar. I got the itch to get one of these motors from Motomag's thread in the 4 stroke subforum http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=42475 once I did some carving on the motor removing tabs and stuff thats not needed it was amazing how close this motor is to the 49cc HS motor in overall volume. The jug however is very obviously larger than the HS jug. Well... Twice the displacement... I very nearly went with the "legal" 49cc for my states limitations but after seeing Motomag's there was no turning back.

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
K. I may have made a mistatement of fact. I was hopeing to vintagafy my HS motor with the same wire / clip / Knob thingys as on the 97cc but guess what. Their different ( of course ) Seems my eyeball dial caliper is out of calibration. SO If you wanna do this to the HS 49cc motor DONT do it with these parts. Cuz it wont fit. Just measured my HS wire with a REAL dial caliper and it comes out 5.6mm NOT 7mm. Aparently there is a difference... :-||

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Saw your velosity stack(intake) and pulley WOW! they'll dress you engine perfectly and after talking to Dan he said the velosity stack was hand made, yer go'n flip and you should get one of his new gas caps as well too!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
AHH! Sorry my computer won't let the pic get any larger since this was taken from his cell phone, Brass Pasties Ha!Ha!Ha! give him a call and have him send you an e-mail he up now!

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
K. I may have made a mistatement of fact. I was hopeing to vintagafy my HS motor with the same wire / clip / Knob thingys as on the 97cc but guess what. Their different ( of course ) Seems my eyeball dial caliper is out of calibration. SO If you wanna do this to the HS 49cc motor DONT do it with these parts. Cuz it wont fit. Just measured my HS wire with a REAL dial caliper and it comes out 5.6mm NOT 7mm. Aparently there is a difference... :-||
I used the 7mm wire on my HS .You just have to cut back the yellow with a razor blade till it is 5.6mm(or close) and stick it in!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hey Velo Whats go'n on Dude You've been awful quit lately any progress on that BTR? and have you checked out my primer yet? I think you'll like it!

Last edited: