99 cc city of angels

GoldenMotor.com

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
here is my bike so far i like to thank sickbikes agk scotto for all their help so far motor is a 99 cc with the gorvenor agk jackshaft sickbikes throtle assembly agk performance exaust and motor mount i am waiting for some parts plus i got to order some more parts still i am taking my rear wheel to the shop in a couple of days

Attachments

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
i was installing the throtle assembly i got today well when i push on the throtle it will go forward but it wont reset itself i want the gorvernor on since i am not going for speed i need something that will get me to work and back

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
It will have a real nice chopper look, won't it!

If you remove the governor you would be taking control of your motor from the engineers who designed it as a stationary powerplant. Your call ! :)

Best
rc

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
did you instal a return spring on the engine to reset your throttle that could be what you are missing or its not in a good spot to snap the throttle closed

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
also you know the governor makes there engines useless 1000+-RPMs of useable band isnt enough to ride basically it idles at 2000-2200 clutch engages at 2700+- and you run out of engine at 3600 i would think more about pulling it out its a easy task and there are alot of step by steps on AGKs site and on youtube the engine is fine up to 5500RPM some push it more than that just get a tachometer AGK sells a few and you can get them a few other places to

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Hello C.O.A.,I have to "Gov" still in Mine...The stock spring will work if You loosen the screw that holds the hand control (the arm that You have the cable on) a little. I also put a dab of silicon on the threads for vibration pruffing and let cure overnight....Only trouble I have is it only needs about 1/8 turn of My twist grip for wide open....Makes it kind of twitchie till I got use to it....Tigmaster....

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
No not Loc-tite,just rtv in the tube,I used Form-a-gasket in the tube...Its high temp good for around the case...If You crack it open to remove the gov parts and tear the paper gasket....Tigmaster....

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
no mechanic will pull out the governor for you, and even if he would it's a waste of money for such a simple job. working on an engine may seem like a daunting task but it really isn't and you would need to try to break something. just follow agk's instructions, they explain it perfectly. don't tell yourself that you aren't good at wrenching, you just need to follow instructions and it will be just fine. i wouldn't use a centrifugal clutch with a governor, it will wear out the clutch at low speeds and you won't get much usable rpms.

btw, i didn't tear my side cover gasket i think it's like some sort of plastic fiber material. i did rip my head gasket, though, but you don't need to take the head off.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
ok i have the agk jackshaft when i took the pic i remove the chain so i could change the sprocket i am going with a 24 tooth isntead of the 22 tooth i am going to run a 48 tooth since the 56 tooth sprocket is rubbing against the frame