Somebody stole my bike!

GoldenMotor.com

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
In Pensacola. Please call 434 3075 if you see a Schwinn Jaguar with a predator engine and a friction drive on it. it was/is belt driven and there can't be another like it in Pensacola. The straps that the angle iron engine plate is bolted to are welded to the frame. It just happened a couple of hours age right off my front porch. In broad daylight with us in the house. And to top it all off, the cop that came to take the report made my feel like he was investigating me instead of the bicycle. I'm 58 with short grey hair for goodness sakes. zpt

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Dammm man! I am sorry to hear that it was swiped.
I am on the wrong coast to come across it easily, but if I do see it I will call you.
Around here, if it is not locked up it will be gone. There are too many high school punks and $$$ desperate druggies around here for you to turn your back towards anything valuable. One of my next $$$ investments is a weatherproof security camera system, not some cheap thing from HF either.

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
Thanks for the reply. I was/am just hoping that some of the bike riders here might just see it and call me. This ain't much of a town anymore and it should be easy to spot if anyone was to see it. Motorized bikes aren't numerous around here and, for anyone that pays attention to such things, mine will be one of a kind being a predator with belt drive clutch and friction drive. It also has the original muffler bolted on at a weird angle and I have never seen a picture of anyone reusing the stock muffler just by changing the way its bolted up utilizing the stock bolt holes.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
That sucks man. I use to live in Fort Walton and you can't leave ANYTHING unlocked outside. I had 1 bike stolen 3 times from in front of my house right on Miracle strip parkway. The area is beautiful,the people not so much.

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
yea. I made the thing to save money on gas. Cathy likes a breakfast burrito that cost$2.36 but the van cost like $5.00 worth of gas to go get one. Don't think I'll replace it any time soon though. The way things are right now, I don't spend more than $40 a month on gas cause I don't go anywhere but necessary trips to the store and such, what with being 24/7 caretaker for my wife as long as she needs me.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Got dang. Just makes it all the worse.

Just a thought, it is the middle of the week. Call a couple of TV stations? (slow news period) A welded frame/motor bike is not gonna be easy to hide. Folks who do "stuff" like this like to brag and folks seldom like them. Just a thought.

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
The news around here won't cover something like this unless I was able to make a big deal out of it and I don't want to do that. My life's moto is, out of site, out of mind. I am watching craigslist and going to check the pawn shops and thrift stores after a few days. i have a disability hearing in a month and if it goes my way and I'm able to keep the house and all my stuff, I'm thinking about making a replica of some kind, and then that would be hard to hide and I would/will keep it locked when I'm not riding it. even on the front porch. Maybe get a replica in the local news somehow so many people in town would know about it and know its MINE!!!

The news around here won't cover something like this unless I was able to make a big deal out of it and I don't want to do that. My life's moto is, out of site, out of mind. I am watching craigslist and going to check the pawn shops and thrift stores after a few days. i have a disability hearing in a month and if it goes my way and I'm able to keep the house and all my stuff, I'm thinking about making a replica of some kind, and then that would be hard to hide and I would/will keep it locked when I'm not riding it. even on the front porch. Maybe get a replica in the local news somehow so many people in town would know about it and know its MINE!!!
Since you haven't yet posted a pic, I'm guessing you don't have one? A pic, even a poor quality one, is important here. You may be able to picture the bike in your mind, but other people won't. You should state the color too.

Are there any other forum members in Pensacola, Florida? Those would be the ones to alert.

FWIW, you have my sympathies.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Since you haven't yet posted a pic, I'm guessing you don't have one? A pic, even a poor quality one, is important here. You may be able to picture the bike in your mind, but other people won't. You should state the color too.

Are there any other forum members in Pensacola, Florida? Those would be the ones to alert.

FWIW, you have my sympathies.
That is an excellent idea Nehmo. Paul posted this; http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=17792 It is how to find Motorized Bicycle members by Location.

It would be really awesome if this helps find it.

That and then we can call you "Finding Nehmo"

Last edited:

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
This has me so upset, I can't think straight. Of course I have some pictures. Only one that is a good representation of the way the bike looks now.

Sorry, thats wrong. These pictures are before I added the "regular" kit type tank black in color is the tank,and a rear rack with a basket on top of that which both are black too.

Attachments

Last edited:

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I just texted my brother that lives in Pensacola with his girlfriend at his girlfriends parents house. He rides a cruiser with a staton friction drives. His girlfriends dad also ride motorized bicycle to work and back. I'll let ya know if anything comes up.