Best of Class Win today

GoldenMotor.com

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I went to a local Vintage Motorcycle show today and won best of class in the other category. They had best scooter, American, British, German, Italian, categories. The "other" category was for bikes that fall through the cracks. It was a fun day. I had a few people from work show up for support and well wishing and I gave a nice acceptance speech about Members of the Armed Forces and how we can all go to shows like this and enjoy ourselves but the ones that make it all possible are the people in uniform that protect us daily. Thank a Veteran for their service. Everyone liked the speech and broke out in applause. A good day.

Look what my main competitor was, a Ural military sidecar rig with a mounted machine gun, ammo all over it, with assorted rocket launchers and assorted small automatic weapons, all inert of course.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Everyone here is proud of your efforts and you should be too. Congratulations, Sir.
Speaking up for the vets is another plus in your favor. Thank you.

Tom

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Thanks. My Father served in the ARMY as a Telegraph Operator, which is why I made my bike a radio operator bike, to honor him. My Son is currently serving in the Air Force as a Air Traffic Controller and has served in Iraq and will be serving a tour of duty in Korea. I never had the opportunity to serve myself due to the fact that I have a hearing problem and couldn't pass the required physical. It was a disappointment but I have moved on with my life. I have a great appreciation of freedom and liberty and it's the Veterans whom through their dedication and self sacrifice allow all that we have now. I can't speak enough of it. So me doing the military theme bike with the uniform is a way that I can connect with people and inform and enlighten.

PhillyJ

Oct 1, 2012
st george utah
Great looking bike. Congrats on the trophy, and thank you for the speech. My great uncle was in Korea, One Grandfather in WW2, My other Grandfather in Vietnam, my own Father was in desert storm, my oldest brother in iraq (four times) and my other brother in Iraq twice and currently in Afghanistan. I also was not able to join the armed services, but am a member of Sons of The American Legion. Again Congrats on your recognition.

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Congrats!! on the win, every think about ? getting it registered with the Motion Picture Industry as vintage and period correct historical vehical, you could do a lot of drive bye's and get paid,it is a nice looker!