looking for feedback.. preddy 99cc, rackmount, with torque converter

GoldenMotor.com

beltbuckle

Aug 22, 2011
Meridian, ID
Still getting ideas for my next bike and am debating on rack mount vs frame mount.

for those that have used torque converters (comet style), if a person were to do a rack mount with the predator 99cc, torque converter, and king's tophat sprocket adapter, how offset would the engine have to be? Would it be doable?

Unfortunately I don't have any of these parts yet so I have just seen pictures of them online.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
rackmounting a pred and a cvt your looking at around #40 pounds of metal at the highest point it could possibly be on a bicycle.
Plus it would have to be mounted off center to the left side of the bicycle making the bicycle want to always lean to the left. Plus making the rack strong enough to hold the motor. then finding a place to mount a bigger gas tank and having it feed correctly as its a gravity feed so it has to be taller then what the carb on the motor is.

Inframe would be stronger and most of the needed frame is already made for you.
Making a motormount the includes a jackshaft takes care of the chain alighnment issue and if you want to you can mount a Disk brake rotor to the jacks shaft to have a disk brake rear wheel

beltbuckle

Aug 22, 2011
Meridian, ID
so you're saying there's a chance? :)

rear mount would be for a full suspension bike. bot like you said not sure how well they handle with the engine up that high.

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
my predator build is going to be in frame with the agk jackshaft tranny and maxtorque clutch, with a 44t rear sprocket. at 6000 rpm's i will have a speed of 51, but will more than likely cruise at less than 5000 rpm's for a cruising speed of 35 to 40. total cost im in for so far is less than 300 including the engine. just need a motor mount and thats it. unless the motor mount is ridiculously expensive, this bike will be built for way less than 400.