First forum ever joined:)

GoldenMotor.com

TylerG

Sep 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hi my name is Tyler and as stated this is the first forum I have joined I have one friction drive kit from BMP and my bro has a HT kit. I live in Toronto Canada.
I need to know some basic rules and things you can and can't do so I don't seem like a nut. Thank you cvlt1

I am looking for another HT kit for myself but can't seem to find and dealers in Toronto, any good sites or dealers in Canada to buy one?

Last edited:

TylerG

Sep 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Thank you, Do you know how I can get my hands on a Ht kit in Canada?
Don't know of any and the guy who my bro got his off of disappeared?

If there is a Thread for this please let me know.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Your so very welcome Tyler and not at all a biggie. I can't suggest any one dealer over another as so many are really good and others are, well, trying hard to catch up. lol But there are a ton that will ship your way. review - Google Search

The only suggestion I can offer is go with some one with a good reputation. The HT/China Girls are wonders for the price. But there is a reason for such a great price sorta deal. (JMHO) ((*just my humble opinion*))

OH! and check out the member's map thread. Is great to hang out with folks and share information. Group rides are a blast! http://motorbicycling.com/f21/motorbicycling-com-member-map-22627.html

TylerG

Sep 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I don't mean to keep you here long but are some HT kits better quality than others? I only ask because if you have the time and knowledge to answer then it save 20 min looking for one:) because I do see people at my cottage riding them off road and never thought they could be that rugged..bf. (<- love those things)

P.s Where can I find this HT/China Girl? I looked on google and this forum but cant find it?

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ya know and I only thought to say this after, your amongst friends so chat and talk away. Questions are good and never worry. My personal thought is it is a crap shoot with cheap 2 smokers but you will find many other thoughts.

It is fun chatting and talking about these crazy things. You are in no way taking up any one's time. Prattle on! As most of the responses will be the same. Snork.

The only time it becomes serious is some poor soul that is trying to get back and forth to work. That is a bummer. Even a 4 smoke is not like a car that you can depend on.

But great fun, cheap and functional art. Build some thing cool!

TylerG

Sep 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Lol not even a car you can always depend on Ive had my problems. Can you get a HT kit for like $120-135 like I used to? The are getting more popular thus costing more:( but hey hopefully in this case you get what you pay for.
Personal I would rather show up at work with my MB then my car, But my boss won't let me:p

.duh.<-me

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Hi Tyler, welcome. I used to live a couple of hours down the road from you.
I think there are a few others in your area here who can tell you where the local distributor is. I've dealt with www.ZoomBicycles.com a few times, had no problems yet but I think they're out of stock on the 66cc 2-strokes right now. I tripped over a site for somewhere in the Calgary area that sells them too, but it's name escapes me. There's bound to be a distributor in the GTA somewhere.

Be sure to check the local laws out before you get too crazy though, you may need to have a LMS (limited speed motorcycle) license if you go over 50cc. Here's the MTO link that might be relevant.
The city of Toronto (or the rest of the GTA cities) may have thier own laws as well. It doesn't hurt to do your homework beforehand when it comes to speaking politely to the nice police officer. ;)

TylerG

Sep 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I will take a look but I have been stopped once in the rain with my BMP kit and the reason for it was because I went through a red. The Police man didn't say much about the bike though so I don't think they are that picky in the North York area of Toronto but then again there are the police men that will be difficult and try and fine you with something.

I will try and look around the area for someone and hope that zoombicycles gets them back in stock.

xct2

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I like to think that most officers are decent folks doing a job. Sometimes they may have to enforce laws they may not personally agree with. However that's not always the case unfortunately, and sometimes you'll get one that has a point to prove or an ego to gratify. The key is to be polite, know what the laws concerning your ride are, be polite, and don't have an attitude (even if they do).

...and of course, offer the officer the chance to ride it for a block or so and then tell them where/how to get the parts to do one up for themselves when they come back grinning from ear to ear. ;)