Hello from B'ham Alabama

GoldenMotor.com

jimmykicker

Jul 28, 2011
Birmingham, Alabama
Hey guys, my name is James. I am brand new to the forum. Thinking of building my very first motorized bicycle. I have always tinkered with things and I'm pretty good with my hands when it comes to bikes, trucks and cars. I enjoy riding peddle bikes when I have time, so when I recently came into a classic style Raleigh that I got for free, and after seeing how functional I could make the bike with one of these little motors, I got the fever.

What do you guys know about the Stinger kits? They look pretty decent. Think I may go with that.

cvlt1

Last edited:

jimmykicker

Jul 28, 2011
Birmingham, Alabama
So what do you guys think about the Stinger? I acutally have a color scheme planned that is dedicated to an old pickup truck I used to have and still dream about to this day.

wilbur

Jul 27, 2011
Pennsylvania
Jimmykicker, I'm new to the forum too. I don't know anything about the stinger. I've ridden other persons bikes ,the motors seem to all be kind of equel, sorta,kinda. I like the four stroke., the skyhawk brand. I like not having to mess with the 2stroke oil, or having gas arround. just ride into the circle-K , a buck and a half in the tank , Youre on Your way...........as for Your prodject......Make it happin.

jimmykicker

Jul 28, 2011
Birmingham, Alabama
Hey Ron, I live in McCalla about 30 minutes from you. If you have a few minutes one weekend, could you show me your machine? I'd really like to talk to someone that has built one before. I'm pretty pumped about doing it. Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

jimmykicker

Jul 28, 2011
Birmingham, Alabama
Jimmykicker, I'm new to the forum too. I don't know anything about the stinger. I've ridden other persons bikes ,the motors seem to all be kind of equel, sorta,kinda. I like the four stroke., the skyhawk brand. I like not having to mess with the 2stroke oil, or having gas arround. just ride into the circle-K , a buck and a half in the tank , Youre on Your way...........as for Your prodject......Make it happin.
Not too worried about the oil mix thing. Easy enough to keep a little container in a handlebar bag. Sides, I like the sound of the two stroke with the little pops and bangs it makes and the look is better too I think. He11, though I may build one of each...Thanks for the info. Seems like a lot of folks use that skyhawk brand. Might go with that. Middle way price wise.