Having a blast in Sunny (finally!) California!

GoldenMotor.com

Redbeard1204

Jun 18, 2011
United States
Lets try this again... Stupid laptop died on me in the middle of my first post.

Hey there,

I just got my bike and am having a blast! Only problem I've had was due to the guy that I bought it from using the wrong sized machine screws and no thread locker on the rear sprocket, resulting in a very long ride home. Easy fix though, and I'm back to mobbing around town! I just moved to Mountain View, CA and so far I haven't seen any of these bikes around. Stark contrast from where I used to live, Santa Cruz (just a 40 min drive away) where these things are everywhere!

I've got a black cruiser bike with a slightly stretched frame and a springer front end. I'm liking it so far, but the modder in me is already making plans...

-Heavy duty wheels and coaster brake
-Dual disc front brakes
-Top tank from a moped (.5 gal ain't gonna cut it!)
-Jackshaft, derailer, and rear gear set (more! faster!)
-Paint
-Headlight (running off magneto) in a custom hand carved tiki housing

Eventually, when this POS Chinese engine poops out on me, I was toying with the idea of throwing a 50/75cc Honda/Yamaha/KTM on it for some real fun! xct2

I look forward to throwing around some ideas with you guys
-Jason

Redbeard1204

Jun 18, 2011
United States
Ha, thanks! It's so strange to be getting looks when I'm riding. These bikes are so common in SC that nobody thinks twice, but when I went out to lunch today I got several looks of intrest, a couple questions, and even a honk and thumbs up from some guy!

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Welcome! I know about the fear of a long ride home!

It's not as fun to peddle home indeed.

I'm Turlock Ca so I too get the "look and questions" Again, Welcome!