deadly storms

GoldenMotor.com

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
man we just got pummeled by killer storms from TN to AL , over 200 tornado warnings , tornados touched down in AL ,one was a mile wide , at least 3 touched down in TN one destroyed the city of Cleveland , thousands of people without power , 78 dead , bunch more hurt, some roads closed , this place is a disaster area , the power just now came back on here it went off about 3 in the evening , i live in a underground house , everyone else was not so lucky ....

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Man that is some scary stuff. I have seen some tornado's first hand. Saw a small one when I was a kid take a camper up in the air and neatly set it back down up side down. Took two weeks to figure out how to flip the darn thing back over. Weird thing was the camper survived. I was standing as a child knee high to a grass hopper about 50 feet away when it happened too.

We had really weird wind here lately that made me think about those dreaded tornado's. We get them in parts of the state here especially towards Texas. Not normally where I am currently at tho.

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
Ya that's crazy it has been the worst year every I think if I remember my weather channel watching. I work for a roadside assistance company taking calls from farmers customers for roadside and towing and I could not find anybody to tow this guy in alabama had to put it on hold cause of the state of emergency

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
What a tragic event ,it's rare for words to fail me ,but this is one of those times.
My nephew was just missed (two blocks over ) by the last round of storms that went thru wisconisn. It's already been a bad year and tnado season is just getting started.
My heart goes out to all those people who have suffered a loss...

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
UPDATE
its worse than everyone thought ,Tuscaloosa Alabama was hit hard , georgia was hit the hardest , looks bad , death toll over 200 for the south east , and said they expect the body count to rise over the next few days , people were sucked out of their homes , a bunch still missing , probably dead ...

this is spooky you may think i am whacked but ; as i was watching the tornado's fly by my house , it looked like a army on the march , like they knew where they were going and what their mission was , balls of swirling black lightning flashed with deafening low rumble with a hungry howling wolf screech ... i have never seen anything like it in my #*@^*#$ life ..

gobigkahuna

Apr 25, 2011
E NC
We're on the Outer Banks of NC. All we got was a little bit of hail and some rain. Hardly even any lightening. Guess we are very fortunate. Our thoughts go out to those who are less fortunate.

Yup, people are saying this is the worst Spring in 30+ years, that after having the worst winter in 100+ years. Just watched a couple documentaries about how the ice in the Antarctic is disappearing faster than anyone's predicted. Are the two related? I studied oceanography and meteorology in college, so I have my opinion on the subject. Glad I'm not a youngster, not sure what this planet will be like in 50 years.

Last edited:

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
We got some wind and a little rain here in Panama City FL. Nothing really much. I hope all those in the states that got hit stay in the fight. Mother nature is bad but humans face it and continue. Thats what us Americans are know for, helping each other out and not just in the U.S. We send aid to any disaester in any country. :) God bless them. I watched some of the videos of the tornadoes wrath in alambama. Those tornadoes were the biggest, strongest, most powerful tornadoes in U.S. history. They snapped solid trees that are atleast a foot wide like they were tooth picks. Solid breaks like it was cut with a saw. That doesn't just happen in a tornado. Those were super/mega tornadoes. They showed a video where u could see the path a tornado went. Everything was leveled. Trees were stripped of their branches completely, and all the bark was GONE!!! It looked like someone had put it thru a debark machine. Some videos show a street, that on one side of the street there were homes still partially to mostly intact, on the other side of the street, just cement slabs, the foundations were the only thing left. No rubble either. Everything was swept away. That is...jaw-dropping. It brought tears to my eyes when i see a video of the destruction. God has a reason for everything. And we thought Japan was bad, this actually can compare to it. It wasn't the magnitude of the tsunami and earthquake and afters shocks in Japan, but it is still massive destruction! The earthquake in japan altered earth's rotation. It changed our course around the sun too. That takes some force!! Lastnight, i heard of the flooding across the areas of Tennessee and other states that have rivers that are overflowing because of all the rain. DOT should put barricades along the rivers, or something to hold the water back, or alternate pathways for the water to go. This should not have to happen every year. We are humans, they should have done something about the flooding issues long ago. Here we have all technology, but they haven't done much to prevent flooding. I've watched documentaries about how some cities are making underground tunnels that are like 15--25 feet wide, that go along edges of flood prone cities to carry water off else where so the cities don't get flooded. They should do that in more cities. Just my thoughts....

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
James they were really bad tornadoes , they even ripped up asphalt ..

i am worried about the next batch ...

i don't think theres much you can do when mother nature has it in for you ...

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
i hope the next bad diseaster isn't hurricanes , cuz the season is just about here and i live right on the gulf coast. well just inland from it. i live closer to the bay, but still. i dont wamt to test my stone block house. it has held up against any hurricane or storm so far. it went thru opal and didnt blink an eye. but it does creak in strong winds... id like to live in it for the rest of my life, but as bad as mothernature is becoming, idk......

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I am sorry you guys have so much damage. Two years ago a tornado came through my front yard and threw three trees on my house while I was at work. I had to come home and cut a way in so my wife could get out and I still haven't removed all the down trees on our 10 acres. It looked like a war zone so I know what you guys are going through and you have my prayers. It looks like we are going to be a major disaster area soon. The Mississippi river is supposed to to get higher this year than ever recorded. It is going to be worse than the 1927 flood if you want to look that up. The town across the river is being evacuated now. It is going to be bad.

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
I am sorry you guys have so much damage. Two years ago a tornado came through my front yard and threw three trees on my house while I was at work. I had to come home and cut a way in so my wife could get out and I still haven't removed all the down trees on our 10 acres. It looked like a war zone so I know what you guys are going through and you have my prayers. It looks like we are going to be a major disaster area soon. The Mississippi river is supposed to to get higher this year than ever recorded. It is going to be worse than the 1927 flood if you want to look that up. The town across the river is being evacuated now. It is going to be bad.
Elmo i hope the Mississippi river don't flood you all out , it seems like its been one disaster after another , volcanoes , earthquakes , tsunamis , huracanes , tornadoes , flooding .... it seems to be getting more frequent and worse, we will keep a eye out and pray for you all as well ..

Keith

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
i do too. as it says in his word: everything than can be shaken will be shaken. God cares about everybody. Hes trying to get peoples attention. The rapture is close by amd he doesnt want anybody to go to ****. no offense to anybodys religion beliefs or anything else. Nothin is going to get better, itll only get worse. Help each oher out in everyway possible. stick together no matter what. that is what will getu hru this economy.