Electronic cigarettes

GoldenMotor.com

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Was just reading Tim's thread about his heart attack and rather than pollute his thread I thought I'd post this here.

Smoking lit cigarettes kills, it's well enough proven, but truth be told it's not the nicotine that kills smokers it's all that other stuff in a lit cigarette that does the real damage. I was a 25-30 cigarettes a day smoker for 35 years and the stupid thing is that I really enjoyed smoking cigarettes even though I knew how bad they were for me. I could feel how bad they were for me too at times but that pick me up I got from the days first coffee and smoke was something I could not and would not give up. I stumbled onto electronic cigarettes while on a trip a few years back and of course I had to buy and try and you know I've not used a burning tobacco product since. With an electronic cigarette I get my nicotine cravings, along with that subconscious hand to mouth thing, satisfied throughout the day yet I can pedal all over the city on my mountain bike, go up and down the toboggan runs with the kids and grand kids, shovel snow and take my best friend for a walk to the dog park without concern. It was absolute murder trying to do any of those things for any great length of time when I was a smoker, I have a rusty old snow blower and before and after pictures of a once overweight beagle to prove it :D

What was really amazing though after the change over was how quickly my body just felt better. I mean I had more energy, everything started to smell and taste better, I slept better, I could breath deeper, I could get up and down 3 flights of stairs with being winded and so on. Still amazes me when I think back about it...it's like I had stumbled on the fountain of youth or something lol!

If your a smoker do have a look at e-cigs, the FDA and Health Canada might advise you against it but millions world wide have made the switch and are feeling better because of it...I'm one of them ;)

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I quit smoking for 9 weeks and when I moved back in with my wife, I started again, but only smoke 4-5 cig's a day now. Of course I do like a little chew now and again also, which is a nice way to get a good nic-fit out of the way, but if I had my way, I slap on a few of those nicotine patches and be on my way!

Yeah, I'll agree that those smokes are killers if you smoke a lot of them over time, but since I've been on this diet of 4-5 a day for the last year and a half it hasn't bothered me at all, like it used to when I was smoking 1-2 packs a day.

Not to mention how expensive cigarettes are nowadays! My Winston lights run around $5.50-$6.13 a pack! Good thing a pack lasts a week, if I buy 'em.......I remember when they were 50 cents in a machine!

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak
[QUOTE

Not to mention how expensive cigarettes are nowadays! My Winston lights run around $5.50-$6.13 a pack! Good thing a pack lasts a week, if I buy 'em.......I remember when they were 50 cents in a machine![/QUOTE]

Ha, try $9.21 a pack. And I remember when they were a quarter in the machine at the local Texaco station. Course you had to wait till he had a customer to buy them. :>) Between pumping gas, checking the oil, washing the windshield, and maybe check the tires, you could buy a pack, and have one half burned before he came back in. Gawd, I'm old.:-||

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Tried one of the online kits, but wasn't impressed. Where did you get yours?
Besides the first one I bought I've always ordered my hardware online from a place called Health Cabin that's located in China. With the hardware you do have to do your homework and be careful of what you buy, some devices for sure don't work well in that they don't produce much vapor and will leave you unsatisfied. Personally I stay away from the little ones that imitate a king size cigarette and go with the larger "cigar sized" devices. The advantage of that is of course cartridge capacity, battery capacity and enough battery power to fire the lower resistance atomizers. The atomizer is what produces the vapor (aka: smoke) and they are rated in ohms, the lower the ohm rating the thicker the vapor basically. The nicotine juice that I refill my cartridges with I get from various places, most times I buy the unflavored 36mg stuff so I can add my own flavorings and cut it down to the nicotine level I want...which is about 6mg. I use about 2ml of liquid per day which equates to about 2 filled cartridges on my eGo device. With one fully charged eGo battery and 2 filled type A eGo cartridges I'm all set for the day. It's funny...sometimes when I'm out on my MB and I stop for a beverage or whatever I often get more questions about what it is I'm puffing on than questions about the retro looking rat rod I'm riding :)