Finally landed a job starts the day my UE runs out!

GoldenMotor.com

ThatPerson

May 11, 2009
Southport, NC
Congratulations on getting a job. Hope it all works out well for you.

I can use some encouragement though. I've been off since Jan 09. :(

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Man the area I live is not kind to the unemployed. It is so hard to find a job here, I have had wealthy friends or family members with lots of education move here only to become piss poor when they became unemployed, and the only way most of them ever get back on their feet is to leave and go elsewhere. Somehow I have done pretty well for a high school dropout that got my ged @ 16. **** happens when you have to fend for yourself.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
ya im lucky cause live where there is employment due to the ski resort and other tourist biz i could have gotten a job a long time ago but what the heck nobody wantsnto pay that well anymore and it is real exspensive to live here i took like a 25% cut in pay i will make it and its a laid back gig but it still hurts, good luck to all you guys, frank

asianflava

May 13, 2010
Colorado
Congrats! I'm trying to figure out how to apply for an extension.
Kinda funny because a couple hours after I posted that, I got a call from a place that I sent a resume to. It's actually a similar job that I used to do in TX. They were just asking for information, but that is more than any toher place I've applied to. Hopefully it pans out.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
i heard on the radio this morn that they arfe not giving extensions congress voted it down, man they can spend billions a month on stupid wars but they cant help out a working stiff?oh im sorry the suits on wall street need money for thier bonuses! how inconsiderate of me! i feel really bad now, good luck you guys,frank

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
I moved from VA to PA to feed the family Same line of work Making less spending more.

Sure it's better than UE If your looking for a job there hiring (Delaware Valley Concrete)

Adam

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I figure any job is better than no job, and it doesn't matter what it pays. I used to know a guy who always said "I won't get out of bed for under 15 bucks an hours."

Guess who lives in a van down by the river with nothing to feed his kid?

Lord Helmet

Feb 2, 2010
Space
I know lot of people around me that are healthy and all. All of them could find work of some kind if they cared. To me work is work. Some people have jobs they enjoy and that's a blessing. Its called work for a reason. Seams once they get on well fair they all ride it to the end. I lost some friends over that. Hey some people need some help sometimes.

It is always the few that ruin it for us all... I can't help but think of what that abuse has done to our country. Now all our factories etc. are over seas. Darn crying shame!