my new car "frankenstein"

GoldenMotor.com

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
i have this passion for junky old heaps. this is the one i just bought for a hundred bucks.... haha

it came with a free gallon of oil in the back seat!

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
id like to declare a moment of silence for frank. one of the bolts in his ear punctured through the brainish and resulted in jeykel and hyde returning his corpse to the salvage yard.... lol

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
i have had alot of -$100 dollar burnout cars

you buy, you tweak, you have some fun, you jank anything thats worth anything, you sell it to an enthusiast for $150.

Clotho

May 25, 2008
I built a car my friends named 'Frankenstein' 8 years ago.

It is a Mercedes 380 SEL with a 600+hp turbocharged Chev 350. I have pictures here: Fire Breathing Benz

I made the website to sell the car but I am almost embarrassed to show the pictures to you. The car had been sitting for 6 years when I took these so it is dirty and rusty.

It sat for 6 years because I did not build the transmission strong enough to handle the motor and second gear was slipping. Other projects got in the way and I never did get around to fixing it.

The car was a blast to drive on the highway. It was a real sleeper. Blowing off sports cars with a 4 door doctors car was much fun. :)

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
lol yea that was my first car up there, she was awful ugly. but hey, the salvage truck paid me as much as i paid for it. so. whatever

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
This is going to be a Frankenstein car.. completly hand built ( frame and body ). totally my own creation.. but it's going to have many junk yard parts. 1st big junkyard purchase was the 1994 Chevy S10 ZR2 rear differential ( $41 ).. but it'll end up with GM intermediate front brakes on a dropped I beam front axle, steering box from a Vega, steering column from a 1972-1979 Chevy van if I can find 1, as well as a 7 gallon air tank that has been modified into a gas tank.. engine will probably be a 350 Chevy from a 1972 C10 truck.

Last edited:

jrol22

Mar 19, 2010
IL
Hmmm....Chevrolet Corsica....I used to have one when I was 16. Fun and comfortable car...until it either A)dies...or B) gets totaled. My father bought it for $700. Paint would come off every time we would pass it thru a car wash lol.