poster vote

GoldenMotor.com

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Deacon all three are great.C would be my choice if i were paying for one.If sarah has a demo cd and she plays the blues let me know.H.D.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Wow looks like C gets it so far.

Sarah is taking lessons on the guitar but swears she has written a song and is going for a demo record sometime soon. My wife is the musician in the family and says she isn't bad. But I tell her you have to have a dream, but you have to work your dream. It's the work your dream part she is having trouble with.

The images were for me but I shot some for her and my wife. this one was for mama.

The camera is a 35mm film camera from my old photo business days. It is way out of fashion these days

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I had both a and c printed today and both actually look pretty good but in radically different ways, Forgive me in advance for going off on a artistic interpretation tirade,

A. is more about the girl (Sarah my granddaughter) it kind of makes you get an image of Sarah and her music.
C. is more about just the musician lifestyle. In C Sarah is just a generic girl.

I think that just as a generic poster C is probably better, but as a personal memory kind of thing I think A hits the mark better. In other words for an art show C.. For a poster of a person to share with friends A..

The proportion in c isn't quite right, but it isn't all that bad either. A is just about perfect poster proportions for the 11x17 laser prints. I have some really classic antique big negative cameras I might just pull out of the dust bin of time and use them for this project. Go all black and white and process the film myself. I actually have a dedicated film scanner that will scan up to five by seven negatives. I have a 4x5 inch graflex camera that I can shoot as well as a few 2x3 butchered cameras. and some 120 roll film cameras. Those are from back in my antique camera building days.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
She has a yamaha guitar that she uses for her lessons and to play. That one was just for the pictures. It was my wife's first guitar when she was a teenager. Since she can't play anymore she gave Sarah her good yamaha...

I know camras and a little about bikes, but nothing at all about music.
Also I think i might try A as a black and white print.

I didn't notice the lettering but it does look like it was on scotch tape doesn't it.

Last edited: