Exhaust Modification

GoldenMotor.com

TheBeak

Feb 25, 2009
Blue Hill Maine/ California
i would def do something about the fenders
i had the exact bike, i removed the front for fear of it killing me and left the rear
eventually it broke of and spun under the wheel, it was a blast, didn't crash just skid like crazy and had to get a new rear wheel cause it melted the rubber

but looks great and have a goodtime

wilson1963

Dec 26, 2009
Lowell
We went over it well, tightened up everything, added longer bolts to fender brackets and really tightened them down good. The fenders will probably go before this is over, but gonna test run it with them on. Steven and I appreciate all the comments. We didn't change anything else, just made adjustments to make sure the chain was running smooth, used longer bolts for the ignition mod and tie wrapped the cables/wires out of hot spots and danger areas. Here are some final pics and we are going out in the 10 degree weather and air some tires and give it a good peddle test. The gas is in the can so I say if it goes ok, we may try to fire it up.

Cranbrook 2009 pictures by wilson1963 - Photobucket

wilson1963

Dec 26, 2009
Lowell
ok, heres another question....maybe one of many coming.... The kill switch...mine had black and yellow wires...I ass-u-me-d that black would be the ground, so we pit an alligator clip on and attached it to the motor mount bolt, and attasched the yellow to the white wire coming from the motor. Does anyone have any idea if this was correct? I seem to have a firing issue as we peddeled our butts off with no spark.

Gareth

Dec 8, 2009
Floriduh
yes that is correct. It doesn't matter really which wire you use to the ground as they simply pass through the switch. connecting your ground source to the white wire. If you want to confirm you do not have a ground issue, leave the white wire unhooked altogether and check spark again. Do not rule out a bad plug just because the crappy Chinese plug is new.

wilson1963

Dec 26, 2009
Lowell
what plug do you suggest I replace this one with? Are there any that are somewhat shorter in length that will replace the stock junk chinese one? Gonna disconnect the white wire and see if we get any spark.

wilson1963

Dec 26, 2009
Lowell
unhooked kill switch, pulled plug and....no spark.... will try new plug tomorrow after I get home from the job that pays money.....lol.:-||

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I have never used the white wire for the kill switch. Just the way I learned. Folks swear by it though. Any way, for the maiden run, I don't hook up the kill switch at all. Black to black and what ever crazy colored ones to the same. (yellow to green or blue to what ever is left)((been awake for 30 hrs and am a lil brain dead)) Then after it lights off, connect the kill switch and leave the white wire alone. My first 2 stroke kit's directions said it was for lighting and now it is just habit.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Sometimes the clutch cable is too tight & the engine never actually turns over while pedaling... Many people mistake this for no spark!!
Check that the clutch cable has a little slack in it.

wilson1963

Dec 26, 2009
Lowell
New plug, disconnected kill switch completely and made sure some slack in the clutch....still no spark. No ohm meter....AAHHH!!! Any suggestions??

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
frustrating, eh Bud? Don't give up. It will be worth it. Would be great if you could post pics.(most especially of the wiring)

You'll get her going. No worries

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Not to go off topic, (lol, I know. wut, me OT?) But is great lesson for a young person (and old folks like me) Getting threw the frustration. Problem solving and perseverance. I really wish I had my nephews help me build their Holiday present. I had thought to, but they live far away and didn't seem practical. Regretting it now. Great teachers, these lil wonders

"Now back to our regularly scheduled hair pulling......"

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"Who was that masked man?"

"Many say he is no mere mortal man. He swoops into action when any are in need of knowledge. In need of where to look and how to do. He is the one they call, 'El Linko!

wilson1963

Dec 26, 2009
Lowell
OK GUYS, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED....LOL... We went back to it, again took the wires off, unscrewed the magnito plate. Took off the magnito, looked at it as we had no clue for knowing it made something work. Put it back together, put the wires back together. I told him to go try it out one more time...(as I expected nothing)...and VOLA!! the darn thing took off!! We putted around in the 35 degree weather for 10-15 minutes and put it back in the shop, got rid of those darn vibrating scary fenders, moved and tightened the tensioner, hooked up his lights and computerized speedometer and high fived....and high fives to all. Now I guess I really should look into the laws for motorized bicycles here in Ohio.....lol. Everyone here on this small island we live on will want one now....I bet he'll make 6-8 more by summer. Thanks for the support all....great site!!