I'm Stuck! I dont know how to finish my project.

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I Got my motor off of Thatsdax.com .

Thanks for telling me what to do on the first fire-up. However, as of now, I still cant get the bike to go on neutral. When I pull the clutch, nothing happens; the bike tire is still locked. Do I have to shorten the length of the cable in between the clutch arm and the other thing even shorter than it already is?
A helper is always good for this proceedure, and usually the lack of one is why the clutch won't dis-engage (neutral).

Loosen the cable end adjustments on the clutch lever and down at the engine case where the cable outer housing stops.
Remove the cable end stop (brass thing with a screw that you put on the end of the cable when installing it).

Push the clutch arm toward the right side of the bike until you feel some good resistance, and then push the cable end stop up tight to the arm. While doing all that, tighten the set screw in the cable end stop. ( I said you'd need a helper ;) )

Re-adjust the cable end adjusters until there is just a perceivable amount of free play.

The final adjustment is touchy, but you can get it after a few tries, if you don't get it right the first time.
The cable end adjusters can be used for fine tuning once you get it close.

Rachtak

Oct 27, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
One of the happiest days of my life! The motor turned on.

However, I was able to start it up for a little but the chain keeps slipping off the tire. Is this just a tension thing? Should I just make the pulley thing a little taller? because right now I'm leaving a little slack.

Also, the exhaust pipe is getting in the way of my pedaling, how should I fix this?

Last edited:

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
One of the happiest days of my life! The motor turned on.

However, I was able to start it up for a little but the chain keeps slipping off the tire. Is this just a tension thing? Should I just make the pulley thing a little taller? because right now I'm leaving a little slack.

Also, the exhaust pipe is getting in the way of my pedaling, how should I fix this?
Yeah try to tighten your chain slack the best you can, and also look real good to make sure that your sprocket and chain alingment are good, that will also cause a chain to keep slipping off.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The chain should have about 1/2"-3/4" free play. Make sure the sprockets are lined up (look down the chain run) you'll be able to tell if it's reasonably straight.

Sometimes you have to bend the tensioner a little to make it line up.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
As for the pipe hitting the pedal....Hmmm, some put a dent in the pipe for clearance, some bend the whole thing. Some bend the pedal arm, and some replace it with a wider crank set.

There are several ways around that problem, someone will chime in here shortly for that one I am sure.