Hi from Kansas City area

GoldenMotor.com

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
have you had problems with indp police .Id like to know .Its not illegal in mo_Or is the city cracking down thanks for any input so i know what to expect

p_lewis1016

Jun 5, 2009
Leavenworth kansas
Hey, I'm from Leavenworth Kansas, just a little ways away but was wondering if you've had any run ins with the 5-0 and if so what they've said to you. I used to ride a 49cc scooter to work, and when I asked a local cop he said its fine as long as I'm not out in the middle of the street and I have a helmet, but I never actually saw a cop on my rides.

I'm hoping I won't have to register it, because I'm not even sure how that would work. I'll probably just register it as a bicycle so that way if I ever get pulled over it should be easier to get out of any tickets, seeing as how it would be registered as a bicycle, and could only be classified as a power assisted bicycle.

let me know if you've got any ideas about what to do here in Kansas, and again congrats on becoming an owner of a motor bicycle.

p_lewis1016

Jun 5, 2009
Leavenworth kansas
Can they really tell if you're over 50 cc? I figure if they really look into it they'll find out since it's labeled, but from a glance would anyone really know the difference unless they also own one of these?

p_lewis1016

Jun 5, 2009
Leavenworth kansas
I hope they don't, cause I opted for the "80cc" kit because I'm a pretty big kid, 6'2" and almost 200 pounds, and there's a lot more hills than flats here. hopefully the label is easy to manipulate, or just not easy to get to :)