New in SoCal

GoldenMotor.com

1cyl2whls

May 18, 2009
SoCal
Just caught the bug while perusing eBay. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I love tinkering with things so I'm going to go with the Chinese kit and see how that goes! I plan on using an aluminum frame Trek Calypso beach cruiser. I'm buying my kit today off a local dealer so wish me luck!

1cyl2whls

May 18, 2009
SoCal
Got my kit! Installed the clutch lever, and throttle. I didn't want to drill a hole in my handle bars so I cut off that stupid locator pin in the throttle grip and widened it a little to accommodate some 220grit wet/dry sandpaper folded double then bolted it together over the handle. Works great! Snug as a bug. Pulled off the intake manifold and ported it as best I could to match the intake port. The gasket was a total loss so I'll be getting some gasket material tomorrow and I'll port match that. Did my best to widen the muffler inlet, but there's only so much you can do to steel without the right bits. Filed down all 44 teeth on the wheel sprocket. Had to file down the front engine mount a little too because it was just a weee bit too tall for my frame. Does anyone know of a sparkplug that isn't so tall? It would be a lot easier if there was one that was like even just 1/2 inch shorter. I'll be digging through my spare sparkplug wires tomorrow too and see what I can scare up. That's all for now, if anyone has any suggestions, good or bad, I'd love to hear em!

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
NGK BPM7A
Short plug
Extended tip for better burn than other short plugs.
Ambient temps above 80° F

Heat shrink tubing works better than sandpaper

Not quite sure why you filed the chrome sprocket? as they are burr free and thin
You are gonna regret not getting my new 3 way mount 35 tooth cnc sprocket....:D

hey
Let me know how your build comes out......and if you have any problems give me a call anytime

Would be great if you could bring it to the meet at El Dorado park on Sunday June 14th

Attachments

Last edited:

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
i hope it all goes well
u definetly chose a good bike i bought the exact same one a few days ago for the same
what color bike did u get the blue and white or gold and brown
purpose except i am going with honda gxh50
im just not sure if it will fit in this frame or if i will have to put it on the rear rack
well good luck and you should post some pics when your project is finished