How to get your S.S. Benefit

GoldenMotor.com

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
After retiring, I went to the Social Security office to apply for for Social Security. The woman beind the counter asked me for my drivers License to verify my age. I looked in my pockets and realized I had left my wallet at home. I told the woman that I was very sorry but I would have to go home and come back later. The woman said "Unbutton your shirt". So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair. She said "That silver hair on your chest is proof is enough for me !" and she processed my Social Security application.
When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the Social Security office.
She said " you should have dropped your pants. You might have gotten disability too.

And then the fight began.

buzzard

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Too funny. Hope all your visits work out that well....
I had a much less enjoyable experience applying for disability.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The first time I went in I just hung my 'handicapped' parking permit around my neck and I limped in. They took one look at my wrinkles and handed me my first check. No questions asked.

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Best advice I ever heard for dealing with any government agency is this:
Before you go inside, slam your pecker in your car door 6 or 7 times. Then the rest of your visit will be an improvement.