New low pipe for The Pig.

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Finally got around to working on the new pipe.

Exhaust port looking nice and clean so far!

Looks about right...

Tacked up! I'm going to try the stock muffler (gutted) first, but I'll probably switch to a straight-through silencer eventually. Just curious how it will work on a tuned pipe.
Pics of the finished pipe whenever yahoo decides to let me open my email again.

Edit: Finally uploaded a pic of the finished pipe.

Sounds okay but not great. I'll switch to a regular silencer when I get tired of the stock muffler and get off my behind again. For now, I just wanna ride the new Gen V sweetheart!
Just keeps getting better as the break-in continues.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Are you concerned that oil will puddle in that deep up swept bend?
Not a big deal. You can always remove the pipe to clean it out, or, drill a very small hole, 3/32" maybe at the very bottom of the bend. You could even drill and tap it and put a small screw in and remove the screw periodically to drain any residual oil.

Or you could use Opti-2 and not worry about it :)

Tom

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I have the pipe off fairly often for maintenance and I simply hang it to drain. I seldom get much buildup though since I run 40:1.
I did think about a screw but I doubt I'll need it.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Running it without the muffler cap for now. It sounds a bit loud for my tastes, but it runs much better with less restriction so it looks like I'll be switching to a straight through silencer when I get back to tinkering.
The motor is still running rough due to being far too rich. Once break in is over, I will need to go through and rejet the carb. This motor seems to need a smaller jet since the needle is having little effect on the way it runs. This is the first ht I have owned that wanted a smaller jet. Most of mine have been happy with the needle second slot from the top, but this one needs more leaning.
Small price to pay for the smoothness and quality feel of the Gen V.

pak39

Dec 5, 2013
San Marcos, Texas
Running it without the muffler cap for now. It sounds a bit loud for my tastes, but it runs much better with less restriction so it looks like I'll be switching to a straight through silencer when I get back to tinkering.
You know what they say... Loud pipes save lives

bill2781

May 24, 2013
okmulgee OKlahoma
looks good man ive been thinking about eather buying a Expansion Chamber exhaust or building one but I don't know all the details on building one. anyways I really like the look of your exhaust. if I do get one id want it simulare to yours

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Looks good manni, here @ 65 ft ASL The bikes I use exp. chambers on all require dwn jetting 62 or 63 work the best. The stock mufflers as u know use 70's and work well here with out re-jetting. It's all an experiment anyway. Just not unusual to jet dwn when using exp chamber. Happy New Year to ya!

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'd give that conduit about two miles before it breaks under the stress of that muffler bouncing around up there. Better add some mounts....

I actually thought about something similar on my chopper build but got lazy at the last second and did this instead:

Last edited: