CRF50 on a Streched Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Davi

Aug 1, 2013
Colombia & US
hi im planning on building a streched cruiser with a bent springer fork and a honda CRF50 engine. i would like to contact an expert at attaching these engines

brokenpedals (^)

Last edited:

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
hi im planning on building a streched cruiser with a bent springer fork and a honda CRF50 engine. i would like to contact an expert at attaching these engines

brokenpedals (^)
That is going to be a tall order seeing as the CRF50 is a flat laying engine. Do you plan on cutting the down tube and build a new frame around the head of the engine?
See my AMF build
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=49061

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
The CRF50 & clones are great lil powerpacks, they take some doing to get into a bicycle but the stretch chopper style is a good candidate that doesn't necessarily require a hack job - there's some examples & leads in this thread as an example: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=19630
Yes a chopper is not a problem, but I believe he was talking about a stretched cruiser like the one in the picture he posted.

If you don't have that long fairly flat area like on the chopper you need something like this.

I still need to make my engine mounts for mine which will hang the engine from the frame.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I dunno much about the stretched cruiser style TBH... aside from the cantilever frame it does seem to have a bit of room tho & "hanging" this motor type is defo a good way to go, I wonder if there's space enough to do something like that w/o it being too high up?

Here's an interesting take on hanging motor mount plates, unfortunately I can't find any trace of what happened w/this project;

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
I dunno much about the stretched cruiser style TBH... aside from the cantilever frame it does seem to have a bit of room tho & "hanging" this motor type is defo a good way to go, I wonder if there's space enough to do something like that w/o it being too high up?

Here's an interesting take on hanging motor mount plates, unfortunately I can't find any trace of what happened w/this project;

BarelyAWake,

I too wanted to see that project completed. I contacted the builder and asked if he was going to produce any frames and at the time, it wasn't in his immediate plans.

The build looks clean and simple. Reminds me of the Sno Runner frame, built by Chrysler.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
if you mount a engine plate with u-bolts and muffler clamp saddles, the saddles will tilt/pivot to allow for the curve in the frame ;)

I have done so with the plate I did to mount my old 49cc to my daughter's spoiler :)

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
if you mount a engine plate with u-bolts and muffler clamp saddles, the saddles will tilt/pivot to allow for the curve in the frame ;)

I have done so with the plate I did to mount my old 49cc to my daughter's spoiler :)
How about a picture of this setup you are talking about.

Davi

Aug 1, 2013
Colombia & US
well im thinking the streched cruser is to low to the grownd for street use. i think im going to build i board tracker with a bent springer fork. i im going to look for a compleat honda crf engine still trying to deside if 50cc 70cc or 110cc ...... or use the crf frame and weld it to a hard tail bicycle ........ still in planning ......

Last edited:

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
well i do like the streched cruiser but would prefer a full suspension instead. im trying to plan a simple bike with no peddles so that its easier to maintain and build. i im going to look for a compleat honda crf engine still trying to deside if 50cc 70cc or 110cc or if i should buy the complet bike and add big wheels...... or use the crf frame and extend the swing arm and add a bicycle fork and 26" tires.......
If you go with the 50cc you can change out the jug and piston later to up the cc rating to what you want. These little engines can be upgraded easily.

Davi

Aug 1, 2013
Colombia & US

do you have any images thanks

Davi

Aug 1, 2013
Colombia & US
If you go with the 50cc you can change out the jug and piston later to up the cc rating to what you want. These little engines can be upgraded easily.
yea thats true. where can i buy a new compleat crf50 engine? or should i buy compleat crf50 and sell the roller frame?

Last edited:

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
yea thats true. where can i buy a new compleat crf50 engine? or should i buy compleat crf50 and sell the roller frame?
If you have nothing against the CRF50 knock off you can get one at the same place I got mine at. http://tboltusa.com/store/50cc-moped...ls-p-1301.html

They have several types of them there, mine has the pedals built in to it. Just be aware it is just the engine I got and it isn't sent with anything else.

Last edited: