New technical update on the new intake!

GoldenMotor.com

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Hi. Well, Baird got one already, and I sold another to someone in Maine, but I haven't heard any reports from them yet. They are probably still working on the installation. My own tests show an increase in low end torque and drivability, which probably explains why I use a 30-32 tooth sprocket even though I live in a hilly area. I've also recently been doing some porting work on the cylinder, and found that now I can run a .89 MM main jet in the CNS carb. So, for anyone who wants to try this intake manifold, I'm pretty sure you are going to have to use larger jets, whatever carburetor you end up using. Since I couldn't find that size jet, I took a .035" drill and enlarged a stock jet. I've also tried a modified needle, but have gone back to the stock profile, so I don't think the needle needs to be messed with.
Hope this information is useful. Thanks for the interest!zpt
-Fred

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
thats a pretty penny..since thats about the cost of a new engine =) maybe ill make my own...and sell it for 20 lol

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Hi.
Well I make 'em, and so far, I have not heard about anybodies experience. So far, I've sold 5 of them. Pretty soon somebody will get their bike running and talk about it. Seems to be working for me. Even though I've raised the ports, I still have pretty good low end, which you gotta have when you are running a 30 tooth sprocket and live in a hilly area. My guess is that high end power won't be as good, but I haven't done any decent side-by-side tests with other high performance designs, so I can't confirm that. All I can offer is accurate information about how my bike is running. My bike has decent pull starting at about 15 MPH, and It will take me up to 35-38 MPH on the level with a 30 tooth sprocket and a 26" wheel. I have a accurate speedo which I trust. Whenever I get to that engine speed, it stops accelerating. I'm not sure what that RPM is, but it seems pretty damn fast, and I don't really want to rev my engine higher than that, unless I want to rebuild it for the fun of it.

Hopefully that information helps.

usflg

-Fred

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi.
All I can offer is accurate information about how my bike is running. My bike has decent pull starting at about 15 MPH, and It will take me up to 35-38 MPH on the level with a 30 tooth sprocket and a 26" wheel. I have a accurate speedo which I trust. Whenever I get to that engine speed, it stops accelerating. I'm not sure what that RPM is, but it seems pretty damn fast, and I don't really want to rev my engine higher than that, unless I want to rebuild it for the fun of it.
30 tooth sprocket on a 26.5" wheel = 38 mph at 6,000 rpm

stock 66 cc motors rev to about 7000 rpm,
modified race motors go to about 10,000 rpm with a 40 tooth sprocket which is about 48 mph

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Ahh hah! Great, you have done the calculation! Alright, well this intake manifold seems to work very well up to 6000 RPM. Thanks for the calculation.
-Fred

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
well.. you should let me test one out...i got a 20t sprocket.. and an all stock engine.. so im pretty sure id be able to tell if there is a increase on the low end =) seriously!!! what better way to test but to use it on an all stock engine? plus i know my stuff

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
well.. you should let me test one out...i got a 20t sprocket.. and an all stock engine.. so im pretty sure id be able to tell if there is a increase on the low end =) seriously!!! what better way to test but to use it on an all stock engine? plus i know my stuff
so your all stock motor has a top speed of 55.2 mph at 6000 rpm?

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Hi Diany. A 20 toother!? Wow, I thought I was going extreme when I put on a 30 toother. My god I hope you don't have a lot of hills around! Well, I think you should try it!! You can still get one for the low price. After the first ten are sold, the price is going to DOUBLE! It may seem like a lot for an intake manifold, but there are a lot of features and setups that were required to make them. I just received some pictures from one guy who purchased one on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorized-b...Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item
He polished it and the cylinder fins up to a mirror shine. Oh my god it looks so cool! He emailed me some pictures, but I will need to re-size them in order to post them on this forum; I will try.

Thanks!
-Fred

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
well MOON... actually NO! i dont go 55.2mph lol I WISH!! first off...i have a 20 in tire in the rear.. its a occ chopper build...i had a 6 gear cluster but decided that the stock 20t worked best...it allows me to still pedal when i need to and no shifting..i only use the engine at high speeds...and i dont think i get anywhere near 6000 rpm...maybe 3000...but i get better mpg that way =) 30-35 is about what i take it anything past that is just scary, and it take a LONG road at a slight decline...when i get about 5000 rpms i tend to let off the throttle...it starts to scream...oh and ita s custom made jack shaft kit... and sorry machine man. i saw the price and it IS a good price but i was under the impression it was a reed valve intake manifold.. sorry... but if it works as well as you say it does maybe its worth it.. sure beats 80 for the aussie reed...maybe you could find a reed valve and adapt it to it..maybe i could...but... maybe if i knew how it worked??? maybe it just adds a little compression to the intake so it dosent shoot oil and gas out of the air filter..NICE WORK THO!!! can you do custom work????

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Hi Diany,

Okay, now that makes sense! I suspected you might be running a smaller wheel. My intake design is just a chamber, no moving parts inside. For some reason, it seems to help the bottom end run smoother. Ever since I bolted the first prototype on, I never went back to stock manifold because it made some really irritating low speed running problems go away. I do custom work too, but it depends what it is; I try to avoid a job if I cannot do it efficiently. Custom work is usually expensive, especially if special setups or tooling is required.

Thanks,

.trk

-Fred