Worksman home made motorcycle?

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I hear ya I once bought a van for real cheap had a lean against it from a bank that was out of business talk about a hassle! I also bought a camber trailer that had never been registered at all it was like a 1970 I had the cops come out and find the vin number and run it fortunately it wasn't hot LOL! If I wanted to title that thing I would have to do what's called a bonded title. It's a real pain in the arse: http://www.txdmv.gov/vehicles/titles/bonded.htm

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
If you can register a Whizzer I would go with that. There are still alot of parts around and they can be boardtracker-ish. Here is the one I just finished.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
If you can register a Whizzer I would go with that. There are still alot of parts around and they can be boardtracker-ish. Here is the one I just finished.

I think I'd have to agree with Chainmaker. I love his bike, pure class. If whizzers were available in my neck of the woods I'd already own one.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I think I'd have to agree with Chainmaker. I love his bike, pure class. If whizzers were available in my neck of the woods I'd already own one.
Harry, Would a Whizzer be "legal" in OZ or would it be like Ive been reading, just for riding out of the fun police eyes?

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Harry, Would a Whizzer be "legal" in OZ or would it be like Ive been reading, just for riding out of the fun police eyes?
Im fairly sure there is no way to make a bike like this legal for the road. If it were possible it would cost a small fortune to get approved and you would need many extras that would make the bike ugly (number plate holder, chain guards etc etc etc).

The other way would be to buy a bike and illegally hack it up and switch engines. But youd soon be caught out if it didnt meet road rules. Not much fun to have any fun in an automobile in Australia.

We also have strict laws regarding cars and hot rods.