GoldenMotor.com

cropduster

Jan 10, 2012
georgia
Hello, my name is David Sumner. I have been building and riding MBs with my wife Debra for over 2 years. Just completing the 3rd bike. We live in a small Muscadine grape vineyard 10 miles outside Tifton, Ga. We work in the vineyard half the year and then travel or "knock around" the balance. I was raised on a farm and my grand father taught me how to fix mechanical stuff with less than the standard tool kit but only whats within arms length. Cropdusted for 23 years and did as much as I could to repair and maintain my mounts. Over a lengthy time I built up a very nice collection of Snapon tools, but then lost most in the peanut and cotton fields when I got back in the farming game again! I thing messing with these bikes are the best possible hobby and and a good healthy sport.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Dave. You've come to the right place to share/gain knowledge about this weird little hobby of ours. With your experience you've probably already seen what needs to be done to build a reliable bike, but there's always new things to learn.

I remember Tifton well. I was stationed at Moody Field, Valdosta in the mid 60s. Beautiful country and really great folks around there.

Have fun, ride safe and share a few photos with us of your builds.

Tom