Found a new engine for my next bike!

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I saw a small block Chevy that was about 1/4 scale but that was nothing like this. Hats off to the builder. It's an amazing piece of work. Thanks for sharing.
Tom

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Yea that would be a good question, anyne ever seen a ½ scale panhead motor? There realy cool and that's reminded me of a story
One time at the local motorcycle shop some guy came in with either a 58 shovel or panhead with the front clinder completly blown off the bike! Sheared the bolts and fractured the cylinder walls and shot the entire cylender and carborator 45 yards from the bike and set the dude on fire. He said he was "kick starting" it. I'm guessing he used alittle too much starting fluid!!.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I caught it, yank... it runs off compressed air.
Still, quite a nice machining project for an old duffer!
I wonder if he engineered it also, or if there are plans out there for it...

I'd be happier if it actually ran... glow plugs and nitro fuel would be kool.
rc

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
A word of caution for everyone. I watched the video on this thread, and picked up a nasty virus called XP Security 2012. I'm on my wife's laptop while I'm trying to erradicate the virus on mine. The only other site I was on at the time was eBay. This virus is proving very hard to kill and apparently there are versions for WIN 7 and Vista.
I would NOT recommend going to Wimp and watching this video.

MHF

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
Nice video and thanks for the let-down when you guys made me realize it CAN'T run on its own and runs from air. i felt cheated somehow. haha

I was running win7 when i watched this video. and i have a ebay also. and that could be bad.

But i never got a virus from a video before(i also run linux on many of my pc's). Maybee you should jump on the linux train and ditch winblows. Androids run linux!

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
I had a idea to mill.a block and crank shaft but use the little cox .49 cylinders and pistons for somethings like that, or scale it up abit...

I'm on here on my android so no worries :°J

Last edited:

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
If you want a really cool engine that does run on its own google worlds smallest supercharged v8! When I saw this one my jaw hit the floor. Be sure the volume is up cuz this thing sounds sweet! Youtube will also give links to other very skilled machinist with lots of extra time on their hands.