My new Schwinn Occ chopper :)

GoldenMotor.com

FireFaux

Jul 7, 2011
USA
Bought this old thing for $30
Ran into a problem when the stock chain didn't fit and I had to get a larger 420 chain because all the other stores didn't carry 415.
As it turns out the chain is too big for the back wheel and scrapes it in rides.
I'm thinking about replacing it with a bike chain as a last resort.. tell we what you guys think!

I wish i have a picture of it on the leftside, the 420 chain I've been using has been KILLING my back tire... and it's so huge it doesnt allow for back brakes... I'm stuck with switching to a bike chain.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Fire, welcome.

No rear brakes and chewing on yer tire. That ain't good. Graingers carries em but almost all the advertisers on either side do as well. Could ask in the swap shop section. I like using, used chains as they are already "stretched"

But gonna be cheaper for ya in the long run to address this now and a whole lot safer. That and makes it more fun if your not worried about blow outs and emergency stops.

FireFaux

Jul 7, 2011
USA
haha thanks dan! yeah.. I'm tried popping a regular bike chain on it, but it instantly broke when I ran it :(
so far I've add a washer on the engine sprocket side to try to inch the chain away from the tire with no luck... I don't even think the original 415 chain it came with would make a difference. as I'm currently on a 420.. I'm thinking of installing a jackshaft kit on it, but that'll require me to rechain the pedal side with a beefer chain... ohh the decisions