grubbe kit review

GoldenMotor.com

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
althoughy i have not installed my motor i am still a wee bit disapointed my gas tank had absolutely the worst paint job i have ever seen until i looked at the motor itself it turns out the entire exaust side on the cylinder was missed

the carb was packed so as the hoses wore out and the tool kit that comes with the extra head gasket was already bent with a kink in it

and the clutch was jammed i couldnt pull it in the head was installed poorly i can see a gap between head and cylinder

and the tank has rust on the out side edges

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
so still havent instaled my kit i decieded to tear it apart to see how it works and now that its completly dissasembled eveything looks to be sound there are two things idont like the crank is pretty rusty and the connecting rod coming off the crank has some tilting motion to it not slide but tilt i beleive it is a little much but maybe its fine with the piston holding it in place

other than stripping some of the cheap case screws and destroying the gaskets there wasnt any real break down problems the hardest part was spliting the case with out puting undo pressure in one place

i figured out how to loosen up my clutch so it should be fine i just hope it aint to loose its hard to tell when your compressing it by hand with no levers whereit should be

before i put it back together i plan on dremmiling the transfer ports in the crank case for better flow the clean up th jugs tranfers and intakes and exausts openings after that make all new gasket material find good quality bearing grease then put the case back together and try to ge the best possible port timing cause when i first took off the head the piston on its lowest point still didnt bottom out on the transfer ports or the exaust and the intake had the same distance to go up when piston as up all the way so my thinkng is i may have to raise it up

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
raise the whole jug you mean? an extra gasket under would help, just remember you'd be losing some compression at the same time. hm, maybe lapping the head and top of jug and try running without a head gasket would get you some comp back. don't forget gasket maker goop if you try it :)

Just a thought, gl.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
thats exactly what i thought if i i found a better timing with a raised jug to bet back that pressure i could lower the lap on the cylinder i would do it with the head but i got a hight compression head it would destroy the head to sand it down