clutch locks up tire when starting but won't fire

GoldenMotor.com

Wood.Neely

Feb 16, 2010
Auburn, AL
i've been on this forum my fair share of times and have read through as much as i can in hopes of resolving this issue, but to no avail....

i've got 1000 miles on my grubee skyhawk and it has been running perfectly. while riding today i felt like i was loosing my spark as the engine would only do about 32 mph. while riding at that speed the engine just cut off, but i was able to maintain neutral and pedal home because i couldn't get it cranked back. my first thought was that my spark plug fouled and i simply wasn't getting a spark...

bought a new spark plug and still nothing... now i still have neutral and plenty of clutch pressure but when i drop the clutch to start, my back tire locks up and i just slide around. i have adjusted the flower nut back and forth trying to get it perfect, but the same problem continues... i changed the clutch pads about a month ago and everything was running perfectly until today so i am at a loss, if anyone has any ideas/suggestions i am all ears and would appreciate the help.

thanks