My 1st Project...

GoldenMotor.com

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
keep your eye on the wields on that frame....thats a 60s frame from AMF made in little rock, ak....the steel is very soft...i know i cut one in half...but youve done a fine job on the build...is that a 20 inch wheel on the back...?...hows that effect the speed....thanks foe sharing...Dennis

TheJadedFool

Jul 26, 2010
Northern Wisconsin
Ahh thanx for the heads up... I am thinking that I may switch out the frame... I will use this mostly as a engine setup, debug, and break in... Then find a similar frame...

I have made a couple more changes... swapped the front forks for the OC Chopper forks and I put on a sweet new flame tread back tire =)

Yes it is a 20" back tire... as for speed... I have no idea... it has yet to be fired up...

I hope to have the maiden voyage tonight!!

Attachments

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
thats even better...i was just warning you of the problems...you can support the wields and you should be fine...youve done a great job...fire is up...i always like the frame...nice stile...good lines..if you made a tank for the top bars on the inside...that would give support...now check those stickers and see if i'm right on little rock, ak....what i read was that factory was rated the worse in the nation for production of bicycles...get that thing fired up...i want to hear what you have to say....it looks like the engine fit in perfect...thanks for sharing...Dennis

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
every time i look at this it gets better...maybe its because i junked mine..ha...are you running a 26 inch wheel on the front...if i remember that frame was for 24...but who cares...that thing might do wheelees....where a seat belt...you have a nice ride going...take your time and let me know how its going once and awhile...Dennis

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
i bet your having fun....i've seen a mount like that on some of the chopper bikes...hows the speed...take off...top end...i'm interested in the small wheel...what are you running for oil...Dennis

TheJadedFool

Jul 26, 2010
Northern Wisconsin
Hey Dennis,

Ok so...

Since this is my first I do not have anything to compare to...

Take off seems good... I can take off from a dead stop without any peddling...

I used the Speedometer on my droid... which I tested against my car speedo and was accurate...

I am hitting 24 or 25 not wide open cuz I am still breakin it in...

And I am running Amsoil Interceptor at 25:1 for breakin... I am planning on using Opti-2 when i can find it...

I really like the look and ride... but I am seriously considering putting it on a different bike after break in...

I think I want to get a big beach cruiser... I would like to be able to cruise at around 30... with the engine not screaming...

Is there a good after market muffler to make it a bit quieter??

All in all it is a blast!! And my mind is racing with ideas and tweaks!!

I put about 5 miles on her today...

Peace

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
sounds interesting...have you ajusted your clutch?...if you pull in your cluch handle, the bike should roll freely...if you let it out it should not be able to move...you should have to pedal a little bit before you pop the clutch...does your idle stay steady at idle...?as for oil i have tried a lot of different oils...what your running is excellant oil and i believe is 50 to 1 after break in...the best regular oil i've used was pennsoil...2 stroke...i now use opti 2 or i get it from us2oil...you can get this on ebay...just punch in opti-2 or us2oil..i think its the best yet...so far...ha....remember these engines are cheap...2 strokes....if you keep them sealed up good you will be fine...make sure you check all your nuts after evey run...you should run your head bolts at 12 lb...what i do after break in, i put goop on all the nuts...intake,motor mounts...not exhaust...that stuff is strong and holds great...as fas as gasket sealer i use black permatex on the intake and black where carb slides onto the intake...i use gray or copper on the exhaust...well have fun but be carefull...keep a eye on the frame and the nuts on the engine...any other ?'s you have ask...i'm not the best but i've put 3 of these things togeather ...and there still up and running....if i cannt help you there is pleanty of people 0n the forum that can...see ya Dennis