The Addiction

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have tried to kick the motor bike addiction for two years now. First I built an ebike. That didn't have the push I wanted at the time, so I tried to give it up. I had a relapse and built a china girl kit. After a while that bored me, plus I hated the constant maintenance. I tried to stop cold turkey again. After a while I was back in the shop building weed whacker bikes. Then chainsaw bikes before I finally decided they were all just to much trouble. So of course I tried to quit again.

I relapsed back to the easier DIY e-bike. I have a couple of those that seem to do pretty good, so I moved on to battery experiments. So now those are winding down for better or worse, so I guess I will try again to quit. Each time I try to give up the addiction I find just one more project that catches my interest.

I do it for fun and to give myself the illusion that I am still free. So pity me guys, I just can't quit.

We all build for different reasons, I'm sure. We probably all go about it differently. It is one of the things I love about this hobby and the guys who are in it. It is one of the few places there are no rules. If we can help one another we do, if not we just enjoy the other guys accomplishments.

So with a little luck and a 12 step program, maybe I can finish the bike I have... and just use the battery pack and I built and have fun with it. If not, I'll probably just start another thread in the flux capacitor thread.

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Hi every one my name is Terron, and I'm an addict. I have been putting motors on bicycles for over ten years now, and honestly I'm not sure I can stop. Hopefully with the help and support of my fellow addicts I can stay strong, and avoid the temptation to pick up a wrench.