marine deep cycle battery * too much ?

GoldenMotor.com

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
would an marine deep cycle battery with •Marine Cranking Amps: 610
•Cold Cranking Amps: 490
•Reserve Capacity: 165
• be too much for most electric motors ?

zabac70

Mar 17, 2010
Belgrade , Serbia
No battery is too much for electric motor. Controller can take only so much Amps and the motor too , but that is in no relation on a battery specs (unless you hook it directly to the motor and go uphill). It's like you've asked is it 1000 gallon of fuel too much for a lawn mover . Weight of that battery is what you should consider.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I have been using two lawn mower battries with no controller for two seasons. The bike uses the rear seven gears. Battries are heavy & bukly but cheap.

BossCat

Nov 29, 2009
Scotland
I have a Deep Cycle Battery. I used it to test my 36v 500watt motor on my push trailer. The trouble is this battery 12V 93AH is a very heavy (66LB).

If you planned to used a deep cycle batt the problem arises when it runs out? You have all that weight to now tow around on your bike

Regards
Tom

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
the weight, the sheer size, the cost always made them unusable in my mind. That is just my opinion. If you use two or three of those where are you going to put them on the bike?

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
LMAO i love the camper trailer picture he ha..

he would be ready to jump off the bike ging dwn hill on the smokey mountains lol
I have a Deep Cycle Battery. I used it to test my 36v 500watt motor on my push trailer. The trouble is this battery 12V 93AH is a very heavy (66LB).

If you planned to used a deep cycle batt the problem arises when it runs out? You have all that weight to now tow around on your bike

Regards
Tom

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
i was thinking of weight issues .. but pros and cons im thinking ... pro > you can drain a deep cycle and it wont hert it i have had a craftsman for a troling motor for over 20 years now and its still kicking > cons dang thing feels like it is 80 or more pounds .. i use a radio wagon to move it
the weight, the sheer size, the cost always made them unusable in my mind. That is just my opinion. If you use two or three of those where are you going to put them on the bike?