New from Utah

GoldenMotor.com

bikebuilder

Feb 4, 2017
utah
New from Utah with a motorized swingbike

This looks like a great place for info and ideas.

I recently put these two together. The stingray was a project with my kids. It was fun to make the custom exhaust on them and to see how it affected the performance. The black bike is slower but has more torque. It will pull the front wheel off the ground. The swingbike has more high end power.

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, good looking bikes! One question, did you photo shop the front down tube out or did you remove it? If its removed how is the frame flex?

bikebuilder

Feb 4, 2017
utah
This bike never had a down tube or a typical seat tube. The swingbike was a lot more complicated build than the stingray. I had to fabricate a mount to accept the engine. I didn't want to permanently modify the frame so I made the the motor mount bolt on through the bottom bracket. The rear wheel had a disc brake that wouldn't work with the drive gear. So I flipped the wheel and made a new brake mount and foot lever. There was not much room on this frame for a jackshaft setup so I decided to go full motorcycle.

bikebuilder

Feb 4, 2017
utah
I apologize for the picture being sideways but here you go. It bolts on through the center of the bottom bracket and is adjustable for angle at the kickstand.