2017 3rd Annual Midwest Scarecrow Run

GoldenMotor.com

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Mike

Very nice bikes indeed and the one I test rode was soooo comfortable to ride. Like riding a magic carpet. Almost made me wanna leave my own bike in the shed and just ride one of yours. Super nice rides.
Thanks Ray. My bikes are meant to ridden and are available to anyone who needs one to ride. I happy just happy to do anything I can do to grow the hobby.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Mr. B that brings back memories for me, in 1973 I had a cl175 Honda. I beat that thing to death every time I rode it and it never broke. If I still had it now it probably would be of some collector value, we bought the bike from Alan Jackson's dad. Alan and I went to school together and my older brother wanted a bike, since a twin cylinder was kinda heavy for a skinny kid we bought it. At the time Alan was not big enough to ride it, but we had a blast on it.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Mr B

That photo looks like the location near the little hillside trolley??? I was in Dubuque a few years ago and thought that little trolley running up the hillside was neat.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Glad you found us. I cruise to Avon often and Abingdon every once in awhile. Hopefully we can get together for a ride some time. No club to join, but just a group of riders who get together at least once a year for a ride we call the Scarecrow Run. We welcome all motorbicyclers into our group. Some of my riding buddies are from Iowa, Missouri, Colorado and several of us right here in Illinois.

My brother and nephew both live in Galesburg and have motorized bikes...so perhaps we can get a small group together for a fall ride sometime soon. Might be able to talk a few of my riding buddies who don't live to far off into coming.

Be sure to mark Saturday June 10, 2017 on your calendar and invite as many other motorized bike riders you know into coming to London Mills to participate in our annual Scarecrow Run. This next years run we will be cruising from London Mills to Bernadotte. Should be an excellent ride and I will be hosting some good eats and beverages for those who come to participate.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] and I can provide you with my phone # if you ever wanna plan a time to get together for a ride.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
You aint missed nothing Jordan. Just hibernating and waiting for spring. Going to build a new bike for our ride. Probably start it in a few weeks. Nothing as speedy as yours though.
Haha sadly, I haven't even touched mine in the last 6 months. It's currently sitting in a closet. Hope to make it up there this year and get her up to pace!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Haha sadly, I haven't even touched mine in the last 6 months. It's currently sitting in a closet. Hope to make it up there this year and get her up to pace!
I've had a lot of irons in the fire this past year...so I have been a bit of a dud, but I will be ready for a ride in June and hope to see you and our other riding buddies there.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I'll make a point to be there. I still need to upgrade my rear wheel! Bearings going out on it and I just haven't gotten around to it! Maybe I will pull it out today and get it back together.

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
You know me and the wife are in!!!! Have the date marked on the calendar.

I have 3 new bikes to play with. Built a 160cc 4 stroke with a manual clutch. As soon as I figure how to keep the from wheel on the ground I may try to bring it.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Last edited:

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
You know me and the wife are in!!!! Have the date marked on the calendar.

I have 3 new bikes to play with. Built a 160cc 4 stroke with a manual clutch. As soon as I figure how to keep the from wheel on the ground I may try to bring it.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Mike

Looking forward to seeing that bike. You may be able to give Jordan a run for his money with that. lol

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I really wanted to build a chopper for this years ride, but I just kept going back to look at those classic Columbia cruiser bikes at Wally World. I don't know how well it will it will do as a motorized bicycle....although I have seen a few on this site. I just love the looks of that thing...so I ordered one of those and a new engine. That will be my new ride in June. Maybe a chopper for the 2018 ride?LOL

Attachments