Tri-Powered Hard-Time

GoldenMotor.com

SEXT9

Jun 5, 2016
Greensburg, IN
Hi All! I'm new to the forum. But I'm definitely not new to custom builds. I've spent the last five years doing custom motorcycles. The last couple years I've been doing custom drift trikes. I've even done gas & electric hybrid drift trikes. Now I'm going to try my hand at a hybrid powered motorbicycle.

The frame I'm starting with is a Ruff Cycles Hard Time frame. The gas motor is an eBay 80cc.

I have more parts on the way. I'll post my progress. So, stay tuned!

Attachments

SEXT9

Jun 5, 2016
Greensburg, IN
Tonight picked up the rear wheel from the bike shop. Its a Shimano Nexus 8 internal geared coaster brake hub, Origin 8 26x4 Rim, and VEE Speedster 26x3.5 Tire.

I ordered the rear cog. I hope there is enough offset in the rim for the chain to clear.

Attachments

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
The bike frame and build so far is very nice... But dude... PLEASE PLEASE don't put that tiny junk engine on that frame. if by hybrid you want performance, reliability, more power (any or all) to with an ohv 4-stroke. Like a predator 79cc or 212cc... That frame screams for a high HP 212cc in there with the hybrid power.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
The bike frame and build so far is very nice... But dude... PLEASE PLEASE don't put that tiny junk engine on that frame. if by hybrid you want performance, reliability, more power (any or all) to with an ohv 4-stroke. Like a predator 79cc or 212cc... That frame screams for a high HP 212cc in there with the hybrid power.
I agree. To much room for that engine, put a more reliable 4 stroke in............Curt

jmason92

Apr 8, 2016
Lawton, OK
I agree. To much room for that engine, put a more reliable 4 stroke in............Curt
On the other hand, even if you use a smaller-CC 4-stroke, while using a more powerful electric motor for the primary drive, it would not only increase range if you use a large tank, like, say a Sportster tank with a GX35 or GHX50 (that would give you incredible range going gas-only, actually, big tank combined with small motor, let alone going gas/electric hybrid), but it would also make the gas part easier to work on.

Last edited: