1500 watt kit on ebay

GoldenMotor.com

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Toker don't you have a magic pie?
48v x 30a gets you to 1440watts, I have run my Pie like this however the max watts I ever saw was 1330w.
52v x 30a=1560w

Get a Geared MAC10t if you want more torque, this MAC I have has better torque at 20a than the Pie at 30a.

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Here yah go.

http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=40
Now have fatbike hubs for all you storm owners that need more power.

You can get torque 12t or hi-speed 6t.
Also an 8t, t=turn, the windings on the motor.
I am using the 10t and it will go 26mph on 12s lipo. 200lbs bike and rider.
This thing will pull the front wheel off the ground at 20a 1000w setting.
Some over at endless-sphere have run these at 2000w for a while.

I have been putting 16a in mine and it feels similar to the Pie at 25-30a.
Great motor, I don't even ride my Pie any more. I mean the Pies are nice and all but they really kill the bicycle feel to me. The MAC still feels like a bicycle, you can pedal it no problem, very little resistance.
I pedaled the Pie for 2 miles no power and it really sucked.

To be fair my Pie runs in a extended cruiser frame and the bike is about 25lbs heavier with the battery in frame(have only just retrofit it to backpack battery) than my mountain bike/Mac.
Maybe the Pie would wheelie this Mt bike?

Last edited:

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
BAM!

http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=36&product_id=107

Different wheels to choose from.
The owner, Paul,(all these Paul's into eBikes, wth) is really nice and easy to work with if you have any questions just send him an email I am sure he will get back to you.

Full kits with batteries too.

You will need a controller and cassette too. I fit an 8 speed no problem.
Shipping for mine was $130 with the cassette, throttle and a couple ebrake cut-outs.

Don't you like your Pie?
You can make it faster...Hot Rod it.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Not real fond of my Pie either. Its massive in size and heavy. I much prefer my old 9C. However the Pie is more efficient using less amperage at comparable speeds. After riding the little 250w geared motor Im all about gearing. Using 5ah Lipos and the small motor you cant tell by weight/handling/pedaling the bike is an Ebike. I have been riding the 48v Pie using 3) 5ah 4cell lipos its much lighter than with the big Li-ion pack that failed. The thing I don't like about the Pies controller is that it shuts out at 60v. I ran my 9C controller up to 63v(rated 48v) and it was faster than the pie.

Speed comes with voltage(and wattage goes up) if that is what one is after. Up to a point the motor doesn't care especially if the phase wires are upgraded. I over volt all my builds with no problems. You just have to manually monitor voltage and cut use earlier than the controller. A common 9C with a 72v controller and battery is a lot of fun for low $$.

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Pie.
The nice thing with the Pie is the price and the fact that it is so easy.
You just bolt the wheel to the bike then plug in 5 wires and away you go!
...throttle and brakes too of course.

Non-Pie.
The mounting of a controller is sometimes a pain in the butt and all the wires coming out of the end of the control box can be a mess.
However you can choose the one you want for volts/amps.

I am going to start to sound like bikenut and the sonders.

These MAC motors are great!
32 magnets 16 pole
The rear motors have large phase wires(12g?), temp sensor and I believe they are just a bit wider stator(more copper/power) than the 9c.
Also you can get repair gears and clutch if you fry anything.
They are fairly quiet, just a slight buzz up to 15 or so then the wind starts to take over.

Was there some point to this thread?
Or just posting pics of hub kits?

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I have heard great things about the Macs and I am liking gearing now. May have to get one to replace the Pie. You are right about the Pies user friendly interface. I didn't care for the jerky braking though and I still am not fond of the controller though the cruise is cool.

I think my point was unless one is building a cargo bike or something similar why all the wattage on a 48v(or any voltage system)? I cant imagine a 1500w system will be any better than a 500w on the same voltage save for maybe acceleration/load carrying/hill climbing. If these are considerations then more wattage is desirable. The idea of having to haul around a 20ah battery and feed 1500w for normal Ebike usage seems over kill.
Or maybe its just my view now that I have become a minimalist in Ebike thinking. I love riding on two/three Lipos!

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Right, I am with you CB, we are in the same camp.
I can get away with 10ah because I try to keep my rides around 7-10 miles 35-45min.
If I go for over an hour I can hardly walk for 3 days.(bad knee)

Was just wondering why toker_ace started the thread.

If you wanted you could turn the Pie up to 2000w or more if you swapped out the control for some 12fet. Maybe drill the side covers too so you don't smoke it.

CB if you are thinking about a MAC and use the controller from em3ev get a Magura throttle, like this, http://holmeshobbies.com/Magura-Twistgrip-5k-throttle.html, it really smooths out the touchy throttle input.

EM3EV have a 3-speed switch too 50/75/100% if you need more control or want some form of legality, limit 750w street...for whatever crazy reason.

I guess this is a good controller choice too https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/552-s12s-500w-torque-simulation-sine-wave-controller-ebike-kit.html, popular over on E-S.

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Great links LC thanks! I believe I have a similar controller to the one on the last link. It has three settings on an LED board. I also have a 72v controller I haven't used yet. I could add one more 4cell 5ah lipo to the four I have and come off the charger at 84v. Suppose the MAC will take that? Sounds like short duration fun time to me! Using wireless series connectors this is still a compact cell group.

Don't know if we are jacking this thread or adding to it?

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I also have heard good things about the geared Mac and BMC hub motors. Light weight, and fast. Capable of handling more power than the cheaper cutie and bafang/8fun motors. With all the controller options you could want and cycle analyst compatibility. Who wouldn't want one?

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
How fast are you guys wanting to go?
30mph feels fast to me on a bicycle. I must be getting old.
That Mac10 on 12s LiPo(48-50v) will go 26mph.(rated 20mph on the site)
I bet 84v will do wheelies. Get a spare gear set.

There are bigger controllers at BMS battery too.

There are 2 faster Mac motors if you need more speed.
I was thinking the slower/torque one was sounding nice.

Or if you just want some 2k DD motor (that your probably not pedaling) the MXUS3000 has been a popular hi-power motor on E-S.

Just love to help you guys/gals spend your money.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
You're not alone, I don't want to go 30 on a bike either.

I got scared. Not the bike, it was solid. But people are just not expecting you to be doing 30 on a bike. They see you, but they don't think you are going that fast.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I agree that faster speeds on a bike derived vehicle must be done with caution to building and use. MikeB you are correct. I have had many people pull out in front of me when moving pretty well, thinking as you say its just a bike.
Blessedly I have moved to a small town where the speed limits are 30mph and well observed because of the Locals. I like a bike with higher speed so the cruise is more relaxed. This mainly applies to my IC bikes. I would like to have a 35+mph Ebike just because. I don't have to ride it that fast, but it would be fun when the conditions are right.

Have plans to build a carbon frame bike using my old 9C, the 72v controller, and lipos. Shooting for top end. Just in the think stages now.

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
people are just not expecting you to be doing 30 on a bike. They see you, but they don't think you are going that fast.
I just expect cars to pull out anymore, fingers on the brakes at intersections.

Getting off a bike at 30mph is not much fun either.

Have plans to build a carbon frame bike using my old 9C, the 72v controller, and lipos. Shooting for top end. Just in the think stages now.
Sounds cool, street fighter...better start a thread :)

Toker_ace
Sorry if I jacked or derailed your thread or whatever direction it was headed.