San Jose, CA

GoldenMotor.com

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
There hasn't been a San Jose thread updated here for over a year. Where all da riders at?

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I'm on the north side of SJ on the Milpitas side. I still ride my electric up Calaveras to Sunol but don't ride my gasser on the streets anymore.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Why not? Anyway that looks like a nice area. Been on Palomares rd one time in my car. Nice windy road, very beautiful in the fall. Would like to go up there on the bike sometime.

I know most of the roads in the Santa Cruz mountains, pretty much all between 17 and 92 that are car-accessible. I'd like to go out there and find some fire road type stuff.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Nobody else in san ho? My LBS told me they had seen a group of MB riders a few weeks ago so I know there are some riders out here. So far, out on the road, I have seen only one other guy with an electric bike.

My bike is running and plated, let's do something!

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
beginner01- There's a couple of cool folks there, Ocho Ninja and Big Butter Bean. I may have mentioned them to you before. There's gotta be others too.

Dang I miss Story and King back then... It's all trucks for me now.
Montana is hella good though.

Trey

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
beginner01- There's a couple of cool folks there, Ocho Ninja and Big Butter Bean. I may have mentioned them to you before. There's gotta be others too.

Dang I miss Story and King back then... It's all trucks for me now.
Montana is hella good though.

Trey
Story and King back in the 80's were the good Ole days! I remember taking an hour to drive from Jackson to King.
Good times cruising.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Story and King back in the 80's were the good Ole days! I remember taking an hour to drive from Jackson to King.
Good times cruising.
The summer of 89... before everybody had a video recorder... lost to everyone but us. Like it should be. Those times, as you experienced them, and those memories, shaped us.
Do you really want a video of you earlin behind Tropicana on the internet forever? LOL
I was young, but at 13 I was tall enough, and pop taught me to drive good enough, that I ran off with his Caddy a couple times before he caught me.
Good times.

Oh yeah- A time when 510 was 415. NorCal

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Do you really want a video of you earlin behind Tropicana on the internet forever? LOL
I can tell you're a lot younger than me. Cruising my 66 Mustang before I upgraded to an 85GT and my spot was at Shakey's Pizza! LOL

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Shakeys... wow. That's a place I had completely forgotten.

beginner01- Is any of this familiar to you? Do you know the song "Look out weekend"? If you do, you're old. LOL
When I lived and worked in the east side.. I was an alcoholic.. used to drink at the Caravan, Johnny V's, Q's.. maybe a few more I forgot.. and this one cool bar down on Monterey just past Bernal forgot the name. It's an old area.. very cool.. industrial district is real old school too.. I forget the names already.. Umbargar? Tully?

Last edited:

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
down on Monterey just past Bernal forgot the name. It's an old area.. very cool.. industrial district is real old school too.. I forget the names already.. Umbargar? Tully?
Yeah, that's getting down there... past Seven Trees where my uncle lived. Used to have alot of fun back then, and I never even got dead.
Maybe other folks will chime in with some stuff.

Hopefully you'll find somebody local you can ride with.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
When I lived and worked in the east side.. I was an alcoholic.. used to drink at the Caravan, Johnny V's, Q's.. maybe a few more I forgot.. and this one cool bar down on Monterey just past Bernal forgot the name. It's an old area.. very cool.. industrial district is real old school too.. I forget the names already.. Umbargar? Tully?
If you're talking about the biker bar on Monterey, its now a tattoo parlor. A lot has changed down on the Bernal/Monterey. There's a Walmart shopping center. I still go down that way every weekend to go Jet Skiing at Calero. Water hurts a lot less than the pavement.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
Are there any other people in this city with mbs? I'd like to go for a ride with others with cruisers, ideally others with stretches but let me know.I'm in south san Jose by blossom hill and lean by oak grove high school.