Pirate cycles, a second look.

GoldenMotor.com

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
I'm opening this thread because pirate cycles has never met the exigence set by its mad customers. I expect a response from someone at pirate cycles to explain their lack of customer service. I also would like to make it perfectly clear that they cannot do business as such online to first time buyers without a disclaimer of some sort explaining that they are not responsible for any user error because they will not help post purchase.

I'm not asking for much here, they obviously lurk this forum and hold influence at the moderate level.

We want a formal response for our questions, no less. I understand that your not a big company, but in this ever evolving world (the Internet specifically) you cannot just ignore the complaints.

YOU MADE A WEB PAGE, therefore you have to use the Internet as well. Use it to explain yourselves or get off of it. Your answer has already been written down by someone, somewhere. Find it and respond.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'll leave this one for now but if it turns into another flame war it'll go away same as the other one did.
Discussion is fine and beneficial. Arguments and name calling will not be tolerated here.
Keep it civil.

Tom

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Thanks two door. I would like to say that pirates cycles is not just a sponsor on this fourm but as well as members they can read .

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
Thanks to two door, "this is not a flame war."

Agreed.

Anyone holding hostility should leave it at the door and be productive. Thank you for pointing that out so I didn't have to.

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
Guys, we just gotta remember that we are the cusp of something great. These motorized bikes aren't going away any time soon. We have to respect the fact that we are setting precedence for the future of this "hobby" which is more than a hobby to some of us. It is our new way of life, it's a way of saying we are against a system so we will ride the line between legality and illegality.

You guys should recognize that gas prices are going to make our "hobby" more than that. We have an obligation to move forward while weeding out the bad. We have to stand against those that would hold us hostage.

What I'm trying to say here is, "this may seem arbitrary, but our actions and discourse will be the the precedence for those that follow."

So strive for honor.

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
i have been tempted to do business with pirate cycles on more than one occasion, but all the negative experiences voiced on here have kept me from following through

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Silverbear,when's the last time you purchased something from Pirate's cycles ?did you make a phone call?? did you send an email?? or did you just do it online??did you have any questions about the items you're about to purchase ??and the last question did you get the answers that you needed answered ??

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
It's probably been a year since I placed an order. Just ordered the item online and got it a few days later. It sounds like your experience has not been good. I'm sorry to hear that. All I can make statements about is my own experience with them. Quite a lot years back and it was always good; emails and questions answered.
SB

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Yes, that true. I would say about year or so ago communication with the Pirates walked the plank and took the plunge . I guess one could say that the " Pirates abandoned their own Pirate Ship" Why ? It's not like business has dropped off and the ships going down. It appears they just stop caring . To bad it looks like another ship wreck .:-||

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I've only delt Twice with Pirate and the guy called me to inform me that he was unable to ship the Item I ordered because they were out of stock, but offered a better Item at the same price.
When I call, I never am able to get ahold of anyone,no matter what time I call, this has led me to purchase from other venders,because of this I have regreted doing business with a couple of those other guys.
My word for Pirate Cycle is just to provide a better customer relationship, we are the one's sending our money your way.
Recently I ordered a metal throttle and recieved something totally different after dealing with that vender in a type of E-mail battle I finally got ahold of them on the phone and got the problem resloved but their attitude was as if I needed to settle for what they sent, I will not!! do any business with them in the future.
When building a custom bike of any particular style the parts we need have to be absolutely precise, correct, high quality and exactly what was ordered,the vender should make note,relize this and do business with a good sense of intigrity and again I say it is our money being sent their way and if they want more of it then they ought to make good on every sale.
Master Shake... Keep trying Priates they are believe it or not one of the better Venders at least from my experience(s)

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Actually Huff it was a Wed and the part was the HMB motor mount upgraded to the higher end unit, the next time was a rear hub adaptor the guy didn't have a 36 tooth sprocket so he called me and said he'd send it when the shipment came in, in about 2-weeks and when I expressed my concern about a delayed build he said he'd take the one he installed on his bike the week before and give it to me at a discount,OK! when I recieved sprocket it didn't even look used at all.
Recently as I've stated,I have not been able to contact them which has led me to buy somewhere else leaving me very unhappy!

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
I have used them and never had an issue, use piston bikes too and the service is top notch. We all have our vendors that we trust.... Another good vendor is Sportman Flyer
Have to agree with the above.

3 people can go to the same restaurant, at the same time, eat the same food that is prepared at he same time and all have a different experience. #1 might say it tasted great, #2 says it was average and #3 says it was terrible. Motorized bicycle vendors are the same way - everyone's experience is different.

Change and letting go are two things that are challenging for people. State your point and move on. No use in beating a dead horse. By holding on, you don't enjoy Life and continue to victimize yourself. Just chalk your experience with Pirate Cycles as a Life experience and move on.

Now Enjoy Life and go out and ride!

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Amen! Brother Amen! BUT!! when it comes to my HARD earned $$$$$$$ thats a different story you have to admit some venders don't give a rats you know what about you.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
i love pirates, i send them a bit of money several times a year, and they send me products that i need to have, if i have any questions about a product, ill ask here or on other forums to find out. simple as that, and the free candy they send out with the orders keeps me happy and complacent.

goog

Sep 16, 2012
Ct.
I JUST now realized the world does not revolve around me.Other people have lives,go on vacation,have lunch and can't always afford hired help.Darn a big let down too.