Tanaka PF-3300 on Amazon for $89.00 (New)

GoldenMotor.com

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
I heard about this deal & wanted to share it with the forum.
I just bought a new Tanaka 33cc purefire engine on Amazon for $89.00 w/free shipping. Its got about the same power as my Subaru Robin EH035 but way less expensive...
Cheers
-Lowracer-

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
I just bought a new Tanaka 33cc purefire engine on Amazon for $89.00 w/free shipping. Its got about the same power as my Subaru Robin EH035 but way less expensive...
Cheers
-Lowracer-
Thanks for sharing!

What drive setup do you use it with?

:)

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
worksmanFL,
It has a 78mm clutch so it will fit the GEBE, BMP, DAX, Staton.
I have a DIY setup on both my MB's using front wheel drive v-Belt driven
I blew one of my two pocketbike engines today & this deal was too good to be true.
-Lowracer-

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
worksmanFL,
I blew one of my two pocketbike engines today & this deal was too good to be true.
-Lowracer-
go to chat room if u have a sec

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I have 2 of these motors and I just bought another - :)

1 @ $150, hey good price eh?
1 @ $100, jeeze can't believe they're so cheap
1 @ $90, damn, that's stupid cheap.

Yes, they are brand new engines complete with starter, carb, gas tank and clutch. EPA and CARB 2 certified.

The first one came with an owners manual and spark plug tool, the second was just the motor. Some big power products manufacturer must have liquidated inventory.

Now I won't have to worry about bike motors for the rest of my life - :)

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
They relisted more of these engines on Amazon (23 left as of right now) still for $89 & free shipping.
Mine should be arriving Monday :)
-Lowracer-

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Cheers
-Lowracer-
Wow you get the good looking out award of the year bro!!!!

I just ordered two of them.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Anybody know where you can actually buy the power pipe for these motors?

It looks as thought Tanaka advertises them but I know of no distributors.

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
What would be better a Tanka 47R or a pocket bike engine?

Tanka 42cc produces 2.8 HP Horse Power as advertised.

How many horsepower is a pocketbike engine? 2.6HP, 3.1HP, or more/ other?

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Im of the opinion that any of the current Tanakas (33cc and up) are so much better than any HT style motor. All of my Tanakas take a very close second place only to the Honda GX35. It's just as fast top end and has more mid range torque than my 40cc Tanaka. Also the this has like an 11 ounce gas Tank and it really sips fuel like no other.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
What would be better a Tanka 47R or a pocket bike engine?

Tanka 42cc produces 2.8 HP Horse Power as advertised.

How many horsepower is a pocketbike engine? 2.6HP, 3.1HP, or more/ other?

I ran a custom-built pocketbike engine that supposedly had 10 hp. However, on its maiden voyage, the engine stalled. I could never get it to start, even after 100 pulls. Strangely, the engine does not have a keyway on the coil side.

And so it sits on my shelf, until I find out why it doesn't work.:-||

Now I run a new 2.8 hp Tanaka 47R engine with the engine-specific Tanaka three-piece power pipe. It is center-mounted with Scooterguy brackets. I was able to fit the pipe AND OEM muffler on my bike without cutting or bending anything.

JMO, there IS no better engine for a motorized bicycle, provided it's hooked up to a low-geared shift kit. The 47R is a high-rpm racing Powerkart engine that loves to spin well past its redline. If I drive like I stole it, I get home fast at 88mpg. If I drive below its advertised 7,000rpm redline, I get over 100mpg with less oil spray on the bike and the rider.

A gallon of 87 octane gets me to and from work for nine days. The 47R is a loud pig with a voracious appetite. However, with a pipe and a shift kit, it's a tamed beast and sips on gas.

The spare 47R engine is much faster because it's ported, but I like the new one better. It has less than 2,000 miles on it, and has NEVER given me problems.

I'm tempted to buy the Tanaka 3300 engine. It's a steal, but I have no use for it. If I want less power and more mileage, I could always bolt on one of my 2.2hp Mitsubishi TLE43 engines.drn2

If I wanted MORE power, I could always reinstall my 4.5hp GP460 engine and HT expansion pipe (But then, I'd be forever worrying about its clutch issues, lol).xct2

Last edited:

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
worksmanFL,
-Lowracer-
OK, I bought one because the price was so good.

But where do I buy the piece that fits onto the clutch? I have a GEBE setup, so can I buy the mount/drive shaft from GEBE?