Unknown fact

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The largest army in the world are the American Hunters. No wonder no one in the world has ever considered invading this country, The 2nd amendment makes sense when you think of it that way. The saying goes, I love my country but I fear my government.

Or as Rick said to the German General in Casablanca, when asked how he would feel to see the German army in New York City., "Ask me when get there, and if you do get there, you probably will want to avoid some parts of New York."

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
"Japan would never invade the United States. We would find a rifle behind every blade of grass." -Isoroku Yamamoto

He was the commander-in-chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War Two.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
only country to ever actually use a nuke on another country? america.

country with the highest ratio of military weapons to citizens? america ( 9 guns for every 10 citizens btw)

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
The largest army in the world are the American Hunters. No wonder no one in the world has ever considered invading this country, The 2nd amendment makes sense when you think of it that way. The saying goes, I love my country but I fear my government.

Or as Rick said to the German General in Casablanca, when asked how he would feel to see the German army in New York City., "Ask me when get there, and if you do get there, you probably will want to avoid some parts of New York."
Yeah too bad its also the Army with the highest # of Blue on Blue incidents (currently averaging about 1,000 per year). Can you imagine if our countries military shot 1,000 of its own personnel per year?

Theres a lot more to combat that just having a gun and knowing how to load it.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I had an uncle in the paratroops in world war two. He was scheduled to be part of the invasion of Japan. He most likely would have died, if we had invaded Japan. He never felt any remorse for the use of the atomic bomb.

As for the untrained man with a gun, do you have any idea how man former military people in this country own weapons, My guess the number is staggering. The number of accident shooting is a lot less than the killing of people in the Mexican drug wars right now I would guess. Or the killing of unarmed civilians in some of the African civil wars. Or even the suicide bombing in the middle east.

Yes I'm sure there are a lot of gun deaths that aren't accidents, so if we ban the guns and I want to kill my Neighbor I will have to stone him or club him to death. A lot more messy, but my guess is that dead is dead.

Probably need to close this as it could easily turn into us against them and it should be us motorbike people against the rest of the world, not fighting each other.

Last edited:

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
"Japan would never invade the United States. We would find a rifle behind every blade of grass." -Isoroku Yamamoto

He was the commander-in-chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War Two.
Yamamoto never said that
There are so many false put out the 2nd amendment supporters put out do much that they are assumed true by even the most intelligent people

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Are you saying you have a problem with the second amendment? I support all the amendments including the first giving anyone the right to have an opinion on the second lol

Last edited:

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Although I'm a peace loving person and all the fact that us Canadian's can't have a weapon on our person or in our homes for the sole purpose of protecting ourselves, our families and our property from harm really pisses me off. You can't run when your cornered and you most certainly can't call 911 if your bound and gagged.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
That is true... And you can't kill those wild invading merkins either lol....

Problem is (another second amendment lover's saying.) When you outlaw guns, only outlaws have guns.

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Problem is (another second amendment lover's saying.) When you outlaw guns, only outlaws have guns.
And that's pretty much how it is here and a read of the daily news in a few major Canadian city provides the proof. Can't recall the last time I read a Canadian news story where the outlaw was dead by the hand of the intended robbery, murder or rape victim. Many many times I've read or watched some news about a murder or a violent home invasion and thought how wrong it is to disarm the people and then instill a false sense of security...ie: just call 911 in an emergency and you'll be saved.

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
Are you saying you have a problem with the second amendment? I support all the amendments including the first giving anyone the right to have an opinion on the second lol

Not at all deacon
I am a rabid supporter of the 2nd and have the 20 (down from 200) guns and the Molon Labe tattoo to prove it
I have been buying and selling guns for over 30 years and have spent more time debating the subject than most anyone here
To date I have converted 9 Bradyites to sanity

I have done that without the use of false facts, talking points, or cutesy cliche slogans

If a lie is used to prove a point your point and you lose credibility

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have lost track of the lies on both sides for me its a just a gut issue, I was a soldier and a cop over the years and I own a few guns not a collection just a few. Not even handguns they are useless in a night time firefight. But in the end it is a gut feeling like they said at the police academy better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
Agreed
A handgun is a compromise useful only when having immediate access to a long gun is not feasible and best used to fight your way to your long gun

My personal choice is a riot shotgun with a pistol gripped full stock

The Brady bunch uses false statistic
Gunners use false quotes and the NRA uses fear mongering

Although that fear mongering made me a lot of money just prior to the last election I try hard to stay away from all of that when debating a fence sitter. The Brady mongrels usually just aren't worth the trouble

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Deacon, we've found that invading merkins are terrified of hockey sticks. We're well armed there.

Canada is living proof that when you out law guns, only the outlaws have guns. At least in the drug wars playing out here in British Columbia.

Rockenstein is so very right. There is cold comfort in the fact as someone is kicking in your door, your hand closes around a broom handle or a hockey stick for protection.

Steve.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
To be honest I find the best household weapon is a dog. They all sound vicious to a stranger.... This is a true story.

Dogs are raising the devil.. I look out and two men in suits are standing in my yard... I had to go out the back door and walk around. I get to the front and ask "Can I help you?"

"Yes sir we are from ADT the burglar alarm company, we would like to talk to you about an alarm system."

"You do realize that you are standing in my front yard because my two dogs scared the crap out of you?"

"Yes sir, have a nice day." They said turning to go.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Our 120 pound newfoundland/border collie makes most people hesitate. Trouble is she isn't bullet proof and if they want in, then what?
At least we know thier coming and we will have the broom and hockey sticks ready.

Steve.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
My brother who is really a gun collector and nut says the dogs only job is to wake him up. After that he is responsible for the mayhem. I ran a business for twenty years from the house and had lots of unsavory characters come over but they took a look a Max my 60 lb pit bull mix and decided to go next door to steal.

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
I have a big headed 85lb pit that scares the **** out of the locals
Hopefully no bad guy finds out that he is the biggest wimp in three counties

Around here most break ins are simple burglaries when no one is home. Home invasions happen mostly to people who are known to keep large amounts of cash or drugs on the premises

The dog is useful in either of those circumstances, although I only have to worry about one

On the street it is a whole nother ballgame
My city averages 40 murders a year and I have to drive through the small section that had 30 of them last year
But again those are usually bad guys killing bad guys

I am a collector but not your typical gun nut waiting for the race war or Apocalypse
I just appreciate the artistry and engineering of the tools
I rarely carry anything any more and that is usually just a snub nosed .38 in th glovebox

Calling 911 is just asking for a guy with a gun to come to my house, I already have that taken care of