Howdy! From Illinois.

GoldenMotor.com

Cowboy Rider

Apr 20, 2009
Illinois
Howdy Folks!

I'm a newbie here, but I recently bought a Engine Kit for my old bike and finally got it going after having a few Chain Problems.

Since I have that all fixed now (I think) I would like to become a new Member here and maybe help other folks out too as I get to learn the ropes around here.

So far, I've put on a successful Hour and 45 Minutes and nearly 30 Miles on the newly Motorized Bicycle since last Friday and Saturday. All I can say so far is that this has been one heck of a Fun Undertaking!!!

I ran into a few issues, but I have since worked them out. Now I'm having a Great time with this when the weather is good. !!! :ride:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Cowboy, welcome. Great lookin' MB. Glad you got the bugs worked out. Chain thing can be a drag. (throws folks? lol, I couldn't decide which bad pun to use)
Post pics! (have to make so many posts b4 system lets you)

Cowboy Rider

Apr 20, 2009
Illinois
Welcome to the forum cowboy, glad you joined us.

Your bike looks great! dnut
Thanks for the Welcome! A fellow from one of my Camper Forums told me about this place after I posted about Modding my bike into a Motorcycle. I have to say... there's a lot of info I'll need to get to know around here at this forum/site. There's a Lot to read and Learn. But I'm the new guy here, so this is to be expected.

So far though, I'm havin' a great time with the MB. :D

Cowboy Rider

Apr 20, 2009
Illinois
Chain thing can be a drag. (throws folks? lol, I couldn't decide which bad pun to use)
Not only is that a good Pun Dan, but a hard felt FACT! :eek:

The first half run around the block, the chain came off and locked HARD against the spokes at the rear wheel. Damn near threw me as the bike went into a total skid to a dead halt. I ended up buying a whole new chain from a local bike shop here in town to get that successful first 30 miles under my belt.

I'll try to post pics when I learn how and/or have enough posts to be allowed to do so. Then you guys might take back the "Great Lookin' Bike" compliments. It really is an ugly old thing....

But it's become so much more fun now with the Engine working now!! (^)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dang Cowboy, glad you didn't get hurt! You have 30 miles on so should be fine, but please make sure your rear sprocket is OK and chain is not ridding up on the teeth. Easy test is walk her and watch rear sprocket for wobble and listen for "tink tink" If you hear a "tink" file down the teeth so chain seats. Talk and post lots!

No such thing as an ugly MB! lol, just us ugly MBers. (they are like babies, the more fuglie, the more you want to play with 'em)(but don't race either for money or you get probation and a record))

not that I would know.

Last edited:

BrassoMan

Apr 15, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Not only is that a good Pun Dan, but a hard felt FACT! :eek:

The first half run around the block, the chain came off and locked HARD against the spokes at the rear wheel. Damn near threw me as the bike went into a total skid to a dead halt. I ended up buying a whole new chain from a local bike shop here in town to get that successful first 30 miles under my belt.

I'll try to post pics when I learn how and/or have enough posts to be allowed to do so. Then you guys might take back the "Great Lookin' Bike" compliments. It really is an ugly old thing....

But it's become so much more fun now with the Engine working now!! (^)
The same thing happened with me, twice. The chain looks ok but probably just a little stretched, so didnt replace it.

Cowboy Rider

Apr 20, 2009
Illinois

I guess I have enough posts so I may show a Pic? Looks that way.

There's a larger pic of the bike after the first 1/2 run around the block and I put the chain back on the rear sprocket.

The gearbox cover is removed here cause I was lookin' for what got to be locked up. Also, the Milk Crate has since been removed from this bike so that I could check closer in on the chain alignment. I've also tidied up the cables and fuel line after I got the chain situation corrected. It looks a little better, but this is still an ugly bike. Fun... but ugly. But I don't mind.

Motorized Bicycle Mod. pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots That should be a Link to my Webshots Gallery for the bike. If I did that properly, and I think I did.

Cowboy Rider

Apr 20, 2009
Illinois
Thanks folks, for the compliments. Sure has been a fun project since I got it working right!

Hey, not sure when or where I should break off into new Topics here, but I've already Modded my build!! I also somewhat "Sold" another Kit already. (or at least caused another sale, cause a neighbor liked mine so much!)

Anyhow, we were working on our bikes tonight, and I'll have some new pics very soon. Should be tomorrow in fact. I'll get some pics of his new build and my Mod, cause we're planning on working again tomorrow on these after I get off work. Hopefully we can then enjoy a good Ride together without him having the Chain issues that I've had already. Maybe I'll be better to help him on this one, since I've gone through it already.

As for tonight, I swapped out my Handlebars as he was installing his rear sprocket. I was even able to take a quick test ride after swapping the handlebars.... and MAN does that Mod feel Great!! Looks better too, IMHO! :D

Pics are coming soon, as well as a few Questions/Topics about things running through my mind on this bike.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
what part of Illinois are you from cowboy? Iam from Decatur , I know of three maybe four of us 2 strokers and a couple of whizzers here in town.

Cowboy Rider

Apr 20, 2009
Illinois
I'm up near Kankakee. I just helped a neighbor build his MB and also did some Mods to mine. Check out the Pics from today. (^)

And here's his, just about ready to go.

More Pics have been loaded into my Webshots Gallery too. After I figured out his chain too we went cruising for a bit. My bike now has 49 miles racked up on the main odometer. Big Fun!!