Bike Carriers

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Does anyone know of a good Heavy Duty bike carrier that would handle two of these MB's and attach to the back of an S.U.V. I am thinking this summer it would be nice to haul the bikes to some of the State Parks and Lake areas to ride. Thought I would get some input here before I went out and bought something.
Not looking to spend a whole lot but still need something that will handle the extra weight of the MB's.

Thanks,
John

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
I too am a park and lake rider and interested in bike carriers. My thought was to put a roof rack up and lets the bikes ride on top.

I am going to be making some bikes designed for easy travel this summer but have to get some capitol running before i can.

and by the way RE when are you going to make your cool idler pulley for sale to the rest of us?

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I too am a park and lake rider and interested in bike carriers. My thought was to put a roof rack up and lets the bikes ride on top.

I am going to be making some bikes designed for easy travel this summer but have to get some capitol running before i can.

and by the way RE when are you going to make your cool idler pulley for sale to the rest of us?
I am not sure which idler pulley you are talking about. I have made several variations. The trouble with making them to sell is the diameter and angle of the chain stays. I machine those in when I make them so there is no way to make them universal. All five bikes that I have done were just a little different. Not alot, but enough to change the alignment of the chain. It's like when Jim makes his parts, I would need the exact size's to match it to. Here is what I start with.

John

Attachments